Saturday, June 23, 2012

Not so Great.

People always pull out the old cliche "You get what you pay for".  This is especially true if you add "when getting a haircut at a Great or Fantastic place" to the end of that.  
I broke my own rule and decided that, considering I only needed a trim for my hair and bangs, I could get by with a discount cut.  Especially when you factor in the fact that I have worn my hair up all summer long, thus far. I mean, who is going to notice a cheap haircut if you hair is pulled up.  
Am I right? 
WRONG. Because, what do you do when they mess up on a basic bang trim? 
Who does that, anyway?  Well, I mean, I did that one time back when I was twelve.  That's different.  I was twelve.  And I wasn't paying for it.  (You get what you pay for.)  Now, I could have done better than this.  You know it's bad when the lady doesn't even charge you for your haircut.  And it wasn't my idea.  Oh, hey!  What a great way to save a buck.  Good job, Mindi.  It'll be worth it in the long run.

Here it is, up close and personal.  I call my right side the "My daughter is going to Kindergarten" look. (Please take note of where the bangs fall in both pictures.)
 And I call the left side the "It's my first day of Kindergarten" look. I think I'm going to stick with this new "my first day" look.  It's a winn-ah!

I mean, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Now I can do this with my bangs:
Score! 

It is also worth noting that the middle two pictures were taken after I had already taken the advice of my dear friend Jenny and evened out my bangs a little.  Then washed and blow dried my hair.  Next time you see me, just pretend like you don't notice.  Nothing to see here, keep moving along... Thanks. You are a true friend. And also, please don't tell me that you get your hair cut at a discount hair place.  It'll just get awkward there for a few seconds.   I'd hate to have to stumble around that one.  And if you work at one of those places, well... mummmmblemumblemumble... how about the ole' balloon fest, eh? 

Saving money.  Woot, woot! 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't decide what style I like better. I'll chip in a couple bucks for your next haircut if you need.
Thanks for the good chuckle.
Aim

ethiopifinn said...

There you go again, making lemon chiffon pie outta them lemons!

Tara said...

Oh Mindizzle - I hurt for you. May it grow out quickly.

MindiJo said...

Lol, Tara. No need to worry. I've gotten a few tears of laughter and belly laughs from it. It's fine. I can pull it back!

E- I try.

Aimee- Just send me a couple dollars now, so that I won't forget.

Gram said...

Oh MY! That's what I'd say if I ran in to you. Misery loves company. I'm working on getting the cut I want also and right now I look like a mushroom. Add to that the grey is taking over, so think...brillo pad mushroom.

Jan said...

Thanks for the reminder...I am desperate need of a haircut and my gal left the area (she's from your hometown) and I was wondering if I should cave and go to one of those discount places...I need to find a new place/person to cut my hair...wail...

MindiJo said...

Gram- LOL. Sorry.

Jan-NO! Don't do it. Find someone who comes recommended. Or at least go somewhere a little more ritzy. Learn from my mistakes.

Anonymous said...

Oh how we have all been there.

Kristy

Sue said...

should have stayed Amish, that's all I'm saying;)
oh, one more thing...I followed my stylist around from chain to chain for about 10 years, she now has her own place in H town. I only pay $13 for a cut...I can hook you up, I'm nice like that.

Yvonne said...

Sue, you crack me up! but so true.
Mindi, i think your stylist was going for the A-symmetrical look and you were her first client.
love, the lemon chiffon pie comment ethiopifinn!

Julie said...

Maybe she knew you could pull of the fun and funky! That's too funny. My last haircut, I tried a new stylist. I said "long in the front, some layers, kind of stacked up the back for volume". My hair was all one length on the back and sides except that it slowly curved upward to a much shorter front with lots of layers around my face. AH! I looked real nice. :D

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm glad you got some laughs out of it! When I was trying to find a salon/stylist here, I went to a discount place. I knew it was going wrong when she sprayed me with a spray bottle instead of washing my hair and then after I said just a tiny trim, I saw a long chunk of hair fall to the ground. That was a sad sad me.