Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I was wrong about the sunflare.

 Remember that time that I told you I didn't like sunflare? And Sharyn was all, "What?" (or something like that) and I was all "." I actually didn't reply.  So that was an empty sentence right there.
 Well, that was a really bad time in my life.  Today, I finally saw the light.  Get it? Light, sunflare?
 Brutal, I know.  But, if I say "God Bless America" then you will forgive me. So.
God bless America.  It makes up for a lot of things.  I just decided.

That cuteness up there had just graduated from her safety class.  
 We are all a little safer because of it.  Even just walking around the house.
 It's been a quiet, slow summer.  Which I was in the mood for.  Until now.  Now I'm ready for schedules.  We've been doing the obligatory appointments, haircuts, new shoes thing.  (Yes, even Kaija got a haircut.)
 We were lucky enough to break up the end of the summer bickering with a visit from this cute little guy.  He is the bouncer/usher/invitation checker for the show him and Izzy put on.
 Yes, you had to be on the list.
When I saw the props, I was hooked.  *grin* Oh, yeah.  I see what that umbrella says.  
It was a full house.  

 The show itself? Well.  A quarter of the way through it, I got a phone call from the doc.  I was happy to be discussing Urinary Tract Infections in detail, I'll just say.  I heard a couple people mutter, "Lucky you!" as I ran to grab the phone.

Right when I hung up the phone, they were both taking a deep bow.  So, I couldn't tell you how the umbrella tied in with the dogs.  But, I'm sure it was good.  We'll just go with that.

Other than that,
I love sunflare.  But, then again, who wouldn't?

7 comments:

Julie said...

So great! A summer show. Sorry you missed it. It sounded fascinating with the umbrella AND dogs. I love that I can hear you when you write. You have a knack for writing- it feels conversational. :)

Sharyn said...

i just knew you'd come around

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing. I felt as though I was sitting there with you. I bet you wish that were true:)

Kristy

MindiJo said...

Kristy- I do. I really do. <3 I miss you bunches.

Julie- Awww, thanks!

Sharyn- *grin*

Anonymous said...

I hope I make the list next time. Looks like such a good show.
I'm so glad that your house is a whole lot safer now. So relieved to hear.
Aims

Anonymous said...

Aww, sorry I missed the show! Lincoln told me "then at the end Mindi said "GREAT SHOW!" :) He had so much fun, thanks again for letting him play!
-Michelle

MindiJo said...

Oh, too cute! He can come over anytime. The kids just love him.