Friday, August 30, 2013

summer lovin', had me a blast!

Of all the summers in recent years, this one has been the busiest, funnest (is that a word?), and most memorable.  We've taken advantage of our proximity to the Atlantic Ocean.  And embraced our inner surfers.  Well, technically, it was body boarding.  Close enough.  Potato, tator tot.  Whatev.  I learned something, though.  Don't go to the ocean the same week as shark week on the Discovery Channel, though.  It'll just keep you always glancing around nervously and running out of the water at the slightest possibility of skin breaking.  Sharks can smell one drop of blood for quite a ways.  Does the distance really matter when a crab or some mean little sea creature bites your toe and draws blood?  Uh, nope.  Speaking from experience.  Either way, it's probably wise to park your rump in the rented beach chair, until it looks like the bleeding has stopped mostly.  Says the scaredy chicken.  

And with summer rapidly winding down and the color of the leaves muting, I am thankful for the chance to get back to business.  I'm excited to live life on a schedule again.  To have a clean(er) house.  To shampoo these carpets that scream "nastyville!" Seriously.  If you ever want to know what kind of carpet not to get, come visit me.  Within in the next ten months.  Ten months!  YAY!  Ten months until I have my house back.  Oh, I miss my house.  I love my house.  I shall never utter one bad word about my beloved house in Michigan, ever in my life.  I miss it.  I miss my appliances, I miss my kitchen.  I miss the location of my bedroom.  I miss my en suite.  Oh, do I miss my en suite.  Have you seen it?  Oh, you should see it.  In eleven months.

With a summer full of memories, we are ready for a change in scenery and pace.  One with books and routine, in place of lazy days and sunshine.  It's so close I can taste it.  And it's delicious.

Summer lovin, I wish it was past.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed you!!

I feel summer went by way too fast, maybe because we didn't have much of one here in MN.

I have my nasty carpet..yours cannot be any worse.

Kristy

Tara said...

I love your nasty carpets, so glad I got to see them. Diarrhea, puke and all....lol

Tara2 said...

Also, I wish I could come back and see them in all their nasty glory. Seriously.

Leanne said...

Love this. Love how you embrace your life, and your adventures. You are my very favorite nomad in the entire world. Even though I don't actually know that many nomads. Love you!

Julie said...

What carpet shouldn't we buy?? We're in the market and now I'm worried we'll blow it. :)

Enjoy your routine back and the next ten months! It's going to fly by.

MindiJo said...

Oh, Jules. Don't buy a solid color. Ever in your life. Make sure it has different specks of colors. That is the most important part. And never, ever, under any circumstances, go with a really light color when you have children.

Thanks for listening.