Thursday, October 27, 2011

back atcha!

Oh, I am feeling the LOOVE. Yes, pronounced with an "oo" sound. MUAH! And today is a better day. Even though it is the day of sad goodbyes.

I won't lie, I wasn't lucky enough to know Evan personally. But. I know his family. They are sort of a natural extension of ours. My mom and Greta are really good friends. Like, talking or texting daily. Most likely. My siblings are friends with their kids. My dad, friends with Kenny. Our families are just kind of tied together. Although I'm older than G & K's oldest, I can understand that suddenly empty space in their family and the pain that is filling it. I can look at my kids and fathom a small percentage of the pain G & K must be experiencing to lose a child. So my heart hurts for them. You know? It's just one of those things. It hurts to know that people in your life are hurting.

Still struggling with the road, but I'm trying for the high one. It feels better already. Mostly because of all of you. Look at you, sending me love! Even when I'm a bit vague about it. There are times, I won't lie, when I blog really honestly about going through a harder than normal time and I get a lot of support from y'all and it sort of embarrasses me for a minute. It's weird. Why be embarrassed by it? Obviously, nobody has a life filled with only roses. That would be bo-ring! And you would never appreciate the good times if you never had the bad. Am I right?

Anywho. I really appreciate you, I really do. I'm sending the love back atcha. Tomorrow I am going to do a giveaway post! But you need to work for it. Stay tuned. I would tell you all about it today, but I want it to be its own separate, happy post.

Oh, and I really hate brown paper bags. They give me the chills. Cardboard does, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, since LL Cool J and I will be Going Back to Cali tomorrow, I'm getting my give-away begging done early. Don't know what it is, don't care, if it's prayers from my sweet friend, all the better!

Love ya!
Ami

Sharyn said...

I've been looking for brown paper bags for two days straight and you're hating on them. I can hardly even believe it.