I was really intimidated by the thought of going on a bike ride with 6 ladies, 5 of which I didn't know. But. I loved it. It's so important to me to have friends of all ages. Everybody has so much to contribute in life. Quite frankly, it was nice to hear about "older kids" issues and get a little heads up on what is to come. One of my bestest friends in NM was the lady who worked at the nursery at the gym I went to. Her grandkids were the same ages as my youngest kids. I really valued the advice/wisdom she shared with me. And she was hispanic, so it was really interesting to compare our two cultures. I learned a lot from her and miss her dearly. You just never really know who will touch your life the most.
So. Long story short, I stepped out of my comfort zone and ended up having boatloads of fun in the process. And was basically upstaged by a lady twice my age during the bike ride. And I'm willing to do it all again. Biking, comfort zone, being upstaged.
Oh! And I found a fabulous deal on a mirror that I have been searching for. It's my reward and souvenir from the trip. Just the other day, I became friends with the spray paint and gave it a facelift. It's completely fantastic. 
And, no. I'm not pregnant. And I do have boobs. Somewhat. But thanks for wondering. What? Oh my hair? It IS super sweet. It's called I-could-have-used-a-shower-but-instead-wore-a-hat. It's hard to duplicate. But worth the effort. Thank you. You should be jealous. Just keepin' it real, people.
One last thing. I LOVE peanut butter and (homemade) jam sandwiches. You were wondering. I could tell.
4 comments:
'Grats to you! 50 miles sounds like an eternity. On a bike, at least. 50 miles on feet sounds totally doable. Apparently I trust my feet more than a two-wheeled steed.
I like peanut butter and homemade jam sandwiches too. It's pretty much all I ate through middle school and high school. (Though I spread the PB thickly and put barely any jam.) Except now I prefer peanut butter sans jam. Or with pickles.
ethiopifinn loves the shoe fits. 4everrrr!
Congrats on the ride! I get passed by folks that are my grandparents age on our bike path. I feel bad about myself and think I want to be like them at their age.
I LOVE PB. Best.thing.ever.
Kristy
I also became friends with spray paint. I kid you not, after spraying some frames for a gift which I'll post on my blog after I give it, I was looking for anything and everything to spray. Good thing the can ran out. I also LOVE peanut butter and homemade jam sandwiches. But it has to be good bread. Homemade or good bakery. Congrats on the bike ride. I was too whimpy to attempt it.
Post a Comment