And another one, my mommy friends. I don't know if this spring break thing is getting to me or what... It's nice to stumble upon something that makes you feel better.
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Ok, tears! Thank you so much, my sweet friend, for sharing this. I love it. And I love you. Ok, I'm going to be completely transparent here, and then likely will have transparency-remorse for it and demand that you delete it, but here goes...
Because of the fact that I am so ridiculously overweight I hate, hate, HATE to have my picture taken. Hate. It. So, the vast majority of family photos we have, I am behind the camera, which is where I prefer to be. Now, I have the most wonderful mother in the world, who was described perfectly in the blog you posted. And, while I could do much to be healthier, I certainly share my mom's genes. And bad habits. But when I see a picture of her... I see my mom. The woman I love above any other woman on earth. And who believes her children and grandchildren are darn near perfect. I don't see her "jiggly tummy" as the blog put it, I see nothing but love. And I vow, from this day forward, to be in more photos with my children.
Wow, I love that! I had a few tears in my eyes. If it isn't all so true hey? Just the thing to remember, our kids need us! Love it! Wish I could have read your other one.
ah, now that was good, too. Thanks again...I have been avoiding pinterest, and crafty blogs too, because they just make me feel bad for what I am not doing. But I snuggle with my kids. And I think they love that. So far. And I am going to enjoy it as long as I can. Dig up more, Mindi, this stuff is good! Thank you.
That was really good. Both your thoughts and the link. Probably too late for me....my memory is already down the tubes. What strikes me is the devoted love I get from my kids, in spite of my unworthiness.
Ami- I love your transparency. You definitely tugged on my heartstrings. I think you need to see yourself as the rest of us see. More importantly, as Tom and those two handsome boys see you. Thank you for sharing.
Bridget- I'll keep digging for it. I don't know what I did wrong. Shoot.
Jan- I think snuggling is better for them than any perfect craft or cupcake ever could be.
Gram- You did something right, already. You're kids think so highly of you.
i didn't even know that making flower soaps was an option.
we do all we can so that our children will thrive, but what do moms need to thrive? libby has asked the question "what do you want {right now}?", and i haven't known how to answer, but if i hear the question as 'what do i need to thrive?' it strikes a chord.
thank you for sharing this. and ami, your transparency strikes a tender spot with me. i am double a healthy weight for me, i hate myself for it, but my children tell me i am beautiful (so does my husband, come to think of it). they do. kids want their mama.
Awh, I'm not even a mom but that is do true. Kids just want their moms, not the flower shaped soap. I wish I could save that for hopefully someday if I am a mom. Aim
7 comments:
Ok, tears! Thank you so much, my sweet friend, for sharing this. I love it. And I love you. Ok, I'm going to be completely transparent here, and then likely will have transparency-remorse for it and demand that you delete it, but here goes...
Because of the fact that I am so ridiculously overweight I hate, hate, HATE to have my picture taken. Hate. It. So, the vast majority of family photos we have, I am behind the camera, which is where I prefer to be. Now, I have the most wonderful mother in the world, who was described perfectly in the blog you posted. And, while I could do much to be healthier, I certainly share my mom's genes. And bad habits. But when I see a picture of her... I see my mom. The woman I love above any other woman on earth. And who believes her children and grandchildren are darn near perfect. I don't see her "jiggly tummy" as the blog put it, I see nothing but love. And I vow, from this day forward, to be in more photos with my children.
You rock the casbah, Mindi Jo!
Ami
Wow, I love that! I had a few tears in my eyes. If it isn't all so true hey? Just the thing to remember, our kids need us! Love it! Wish I could have read your other one.
Bridget
ah, now that was good, too. Thanks again...I have been avoiding pinterest, and crafty blogs too, because they just make me feel bad for what I am not doing.
But I snuggle with my kids. And I think they love that. So far. And I am going to enjoy it as long as I can.
Dig up more, Mindi, this stuff is good! Thank you.
That was really good. Both your thoughts and the link. Probably too late for me....my memory is already down the tubes. What strikes me is the devoted love I get from my kids, in spite of my unworthiness.
Ami- I love your transparency. You definitely tugged on my heartstrings. I think you need to see yourself as the rest of us see. More importantly, as Tom and those two handsome boys see you. Thank you for sharing.
Bridget- I'll keep digging for it. I don't know what I did wrong. Shoot.
Jan- I think snuggling is better for them than any perfect craft or cupcake ever could be.
Gram- You did something right, already. You're kids think so highly of you.
i didn't even know that making flower soaps was an option.
we do all we can so that our children will thrive, but what do moms need to thrive?
libby has asked the question "what do you want {right now}?", and i haven't known how to answer, but if i hear the question as 'what do i need to thrive?' it strikes a chord.
thank you for sharing this.
and ami, your transparency strikes a tender spot with me. i am double a healthy weight for me, i hate myself for it, but my children tell me i am beautiful (so does my husband, come to think of it). they do. kids want their mama.
peace and love, peeps!
Awh, I'm not even a mom but that is do true. Kids just want their moms, not the flower shaped soap. I wish I could save that for hopefully someday if I am a mom.
Aim
Post a Comment