Okay, I might not have a "just in case" joint hidden, but I can relate to these mommies. Admit it- you didn't read the article until I mentioned the joint, did you? I see how you are.
It's a funny article and it makes me feel a lot better about my parenting skills. (You like how I juxtapose this post with my previous? Heh. Such is life.) I don't think any mom- or dad- is good enough to avoid a scary mom/dad moment. Don't even tell me that you have never had that parenting moment, I'll never believe you. I guess what really matter is that most of the time, we aren't the scary parent. Right?

6 comments:
Thanks Mindy! I needed to read that today; I love that someone can speak the truth but still be funny!
wow. i actually have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.
there have been times when i actually said, "i am not good at this," in the midst of a kid cloud and my own tears.
and if i could, i would just sa-MOOCH those cheeks of the green glasses girl.
This is what I aspire to write like: honesty with a humorous spin, that people can really relate to.
I loved it- I have so been there, and still am sometimes, like even yesterday, perhaps.
I think I need to find the book.
And, isn't funny how being a mom can make you feel so awesome one day- like rock on, I am such a good mom, and the next day, mamahood grinds you into the floor.
Thanks Mindi, for the link!
and, I couldn't figure out what joint you were talking about until I read the thing. Knee joint? ankle joint? some restaurant?
ahhh, then I got it.
Jan-LOL. Literally. Seriously. That's funnty.
trying to embrace the imperfectness of parenting or of anything for that matter.
as a parent, especially of teenagers, i have found that so much goes unsaid. but thankfully the King of Creation, the ONE who created all of us and our offspring, knows even the sighs of our hearts. they go up as prayers we are told. let us never lose sight of that fact.
i'll have to come back to your post Mindi and read this link.
Post a Comment