Saturday, September 8, 2012

My walkers

Today we walked for those that deserve a little sunshine.
We joined the thousands of people participating in 
The Rainbow Connection 10th annual Walk for Kids at the Detroit Zoo.  
We walked an honor of a child of a friend that lost 
a battle at too young of an age. 
And we thought about our young friend, Jayna, who is currently
kicking cancer to the curb.
It was really overwhelming to hear the stories of so many brave kids. 
Including the story of Maddie, the girl that we walked in honor of. 
It was a beautiful day, a beautiful walk, a beautiful cause. 
And I'm glad we could take part in it.  


6 comments:

Gram said...

Nice

tara said...

Glad you could be a part of it, too. Great pics.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I bet it felt good to do that walk.
Good for you guys!
Aimee

Leanne said...

So lovely. Proud of you!

Anonymous said...

How neat Mindi...I bet your kids enjoyed it!! By the way lets get together sometime w/our little ones:):)
Molly

MindiJo said...

Molly- Yes! We should!