Where was I, again? Oh, yes. Simply making a bit of a life change. Whew. Done. Mostly. Let's be honest, there is always an adjustment period when you have kids. Without kids, too. But, when you are only a couple weeks into, kids are always the focus. Do you even acknowledge your own feelings at this point? Probably not. Either that, or this was a really great choice for myself.
This move has been very telling for me. Here's what I've learned so far:
*Moving the day after somebody has surgery (even minor) isn't super awesome and comes highly unrecommended. It's just too much emotional stress, for one.
*It's even more highly unrecommended to move across a few states when you have a stomach bug. Especially if you have to drive. I could get into the logistics of it all for you, but I don't want to relive it. And I think you can guess why, anyway.
*Even though you think you can predict which kid will have the hardest time adjusting, you can't. Don't even try. (Logan this time. Yes, Logan. Shocking, I know. But, his friends in Michigan are really great. Him and I butt heads a lot, but agree wholeheartedly on this.)
*A very big benefit of moving around is learning what works for you in a house, and what doesn't. Layout, number of rooms, sizes of rooms, etc. Oh, I'm collecting and stashing.
*I'm not as big of a chicken as I thought. Really. I'm not. It shocks me, more than anyone.
*Everyone should have a dog. We had a really strange incident and my dog has been on high alert ever since. I love him even more for it.
*Virginia is odd. It doesn't have a "center of town". Rather, it has houses, houses, houses, and then a few businesses. Then houses, houses, houses, and then a few businesses. Very odd.
*It also requires you to move heaven and earth before you enroll kids in school.
*But, after weeks of kids out of school, a mother is properly motivated. We could move the Milky Way at that point.
*Moving is expensive, no matter how much you pack up. Those smalls equal something really big. (Condiments and such that do not get packed up when the mom is off at the hospital one day, then fighting off nausea the next.) Oy. And I'm not even fully restocked yet. Oy.
*There is nothing like having friends that you can shoot a text out to, "Hey, girls. This mom needs to feel like something other than a mom today. Coffee at eight?" Miss you, my friends. All of you.
*Not just my coffee girls. All of you. The friends I meet for lunch. The friends that stop and chat after church. The play date friends. The friends I text with random questions. All of you.
*I really, really, really love this social media world we live in. It makes it a small world, after all.
*Coming from somebody with some moving experience, it makes moving easier.
*That's all I can think of.
TTFN! (ta-ta for now, according to Tigger. I think.)

8 comments:
What is the picture all about?
Just a random picture that I took. It was in MN, at Jared & Jolene's new house. I just love it. That's all.
Mindi! I've been waiting to hear from you!
I thought that maybe the photo was your new place.
I can't wait to hear more as you settle.
Miss you!
Kristy
I'm waiting for pics of the new place, silly.
wow, you have been busy! feelin' up to a February photo challenge?
Glad to have you back in our world. Whatabout the strange incident that has your dog on alert??
*Shoot, feeling bad for Logan feeling bad. Bennett misses him.
*About the condiments, they might still be sitting in a dumpster at the end of your driveway. I could go back for them;)
*except the coffee...drinking decaf Starbucks at night after school, and missing you when I remember it is your coffee.
*wishing we could have snuck one more lunch in before you left.
*house looks great, hope to see it in person sometime this fall
*AND...if Z wants to claim he's married to you, you need to send me your address so I can get that in the mail for you
Sue- Oh, yeah! Haha. Forgot you need my address. Missing you and I'm glad you at least have my coffee to remember me by!
Gram- Not sure I want to get into it here.
Yvonne- I think I might! Sounds like fun. I love a photo challenge. It reminds me to really see my world.
Tara- Done. Duh. ;)
Kristy- I miss you! Wish I had time to see you when we were in MN. It was cah-razy busy.
Post a Comment