Logan's still adjusting. It doesn't help when he's hardly gone to school. Besides the late start and early release, he had a "stomach ache" on Friday. He may have. It's hard to know. If he is anything like me, it is just stress related. I carry everything in my belly. Then, yesterday, there was no school. It rained. So, obviously, there wasn't school. To be fair, it was slightly legit. It was freezing rain in parts of the county. A two hour delay would suffice. But, who am I to judge?
Anyway. When in Rome...
Since we are so close to the ocean, I gave mussels a try. Sort of an ewww! factor, but good. I have to say, I am going to eat as much seafood as possible when I am out here. MMMmmmmm. I knew you wanted to know all this. You are welcome.
That, pictured above, is a Civil War battle ground. It was kind of cool to stand in a place with so much history. (It's actually where Stonewall Jackson got his nickname.) Gotta admit, my favorite part about it was that there were running paths going through and around it. To go there is one thing. But, to run at a Civil War battle ground? Ooooh! I have to. It was just added to my bucket list.
TTFN!
6 comments:
How fun for you guys to experience new things and really enjoy your time out there.
mussels...no thanks! sounds too slimy and chewy.
Bravo on the trying new things. I am not so brave, no matter how close to the ocean. I was just ON the ocean and didn't venture over to seafood.
When I come visit I should probably bring my kids so they can fight on that battleground. I mean see that battleground. The history in that area is amazing.
Hugs to Logan. If it makes you feel better, he told Bennett of things he does like about being there. A
I would love to try fresh seafood.
Bummer about the rain. I am getting pumped for my trip to DC in March- apparently I am going to get really proficient at riding the metro. And I need a black blazer to wear on Capitol Hill. It's the dress code there, I guess.
That's all I know.
Jan
I remember calling someone in the South once and they emailed me that their office was closed...the temps were starting to drop. I wasn't sure what to do with that information:)
I feel bad for Logan and mommy. I hope that things start to turn around for him....and that makes things better for mom.
Of course I wanted to hear about your experience with mussels. Now I know to avoid them:)
Kristy
Go to the National Law Enforcement Memorial and find Damon's name. Give him a "kiss" for us.
Miss yall!
Love this pic and how Kaija's hat is sorta covering her eye.
How cool to live close to some really cool places to see. Ooh, good idea to try seafood. I only like certain types of seafood, but I haven't really tried too much. I'm sure it makes a difference when you are close to the ocean.
Hope Log adjusts soon.
Aimos
Post a Comment