Monday, August 9, 2010

Broken Ice.

Whew! (wiping sweat from my brow) I was rescued from my dry spell just in time. Thanks for the idea, Wonderwoman!

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? I love them all- that man is a genius. The best is "The Places You Will Go". It's his usual silliness and creativity, wrapped around a wonderful message.

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking? I quit smoking. Years, yes plural!, years ago. That was tough. Off and on and off and on... I feel so much better because of it. Plus, I'm richer. And smell nicer. Well, I'm not sure if everyone would agree...

Where were you on September 11th? When the world first stopped turning? (Thanks, Alan J.) Driving to my Dr. appt from C*****, where I had been for my baby shower the night before. My second day of maternity leave. That's all there was on the news the entire time I was on leave. I knew the facts like the back of my hand...

What is my favorite tree? A Christmas tree. Does that count? If not, a Palm Tree.

Are you afraid of heights? This is going to turn into a short essay, I can feel it. The answer? Deathly. I become paralyzed. I actually have nightmares about falling. Or flying. Yes, flying. It's scary when you are afraid of heights. I also have nightmares about bears, which happen to be my favorite animal. I have seen a bear in the wild IRL. Another paralyzing fear. Don't know why they are my favorite. But the heights? Yikes. Now imagine how I felt the time I went bear hunting with Zane. Have I ever told you that story? I was in my own tree! I was so scared I hugged the tree the entire time. That day, I knew I was going to either fall out of the tree or get eaten by a bear. I'll never do that again.

What is your favorite commercial? Without a doubt, Bud Light. You know, "Real American Hero!" which later changed to "Real Men of Genius".

If you could have super power, what would it be? Hey, I don't even need a super power. I'd settle for a little impulse control when spending money.

What is the longest you have waited in line? Sarah Palin book signing. Obviously. I don't even remember how long it was, anymore. I was with Sabrina, so it felt like a fraction of the time. Time well spent. On both accounts.

7 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

last year we were camping in lac qui parle state park. the first night i didn't get any sleep because there was a bear outside of our tent. i could smell a yucky smell, and i could hear it moving around, but the scariest part, the bear groaning and moaning. As it was planning to eat us and our tiny little children.

When morning finally broke...the bear had not eaten us, but that was mainly due to the fact that it was, indeed, a cow. there is a farm very near the campground and the cows were lowing. yes, i am a city girl.

but there was some kind of animal in our sight. probably just a deer tho. those cows had our fellow city folk scared too. i heard them talking about it. but i asked a lady at the toilets if she heard that noise in the sleep. "Well, I heard the cows...?"

Leanne said...

Jenny - I am rolling with laughter. HILARIOUS.

Minweed. Welcome back. Well done.

Do you like the Old Spice commercial?

Sabrina said...

OK....On Sarah Palin....thinking it was like 7 or 8 hours...but you were like 7 months pregnant and it was FREEZING that day. So much fun though. Id do it again in a heartbeat. 7 or 8 hours straight with one of my favorite people?!? Are you kidding me? I'M THERE!

Tara said...

Was that the Dr Seuss book where the one dude could see all the way around the world?

Anonymous said...

I was downstate teaching in a school on Sept 11th. We had to be in lockdown. It was an icky situtation. Many parents came to get their children.. and I remember being amazed at how many kids knew so many details about it the next day. I felt I would probably protect my kids from some of that. One girl had a relative that was killed in on the of the towers. Very sad terrible day!



As for Dr. Suess.. Horton Hears a Who.. mark's favorite which i bought from him a few years ago to read to our kids and now is my favorite..but yours is a close second! cousin laura

Anonymous said...

What! You are afraid of heights? Is this new? I recall being dealthy afraid of flying and I recall a former co-worker being like get over it, flying is awesome.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I loove the story about you 'bear hunting' or maybe you should call it just 'tree hugging'. Big time bear hunter.