The lazy days are disappearing like water down a drain. However, I can see a much cleaner house with the kids in school, so it's all good.
The highlight of the summer would have to be the camel ride at the zoo. Totally. Living the dream. Best five bucks I've ever spent. It was super scary, so good thing I took moral support with me.
Three opinions. And we've narrowed it down to this: Kaija's hips improved drastically. Yah! Even the original doc says so. We'll continue to brace her, but only at sleepy time.
Counting down the days until I'm in NM. I miss that place. So. Much.
Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz. Just making sure you weren't sleeping.
I've been a bookworm-
Twilight series (loved it. Team Edward.)
"House Rules" by Jodi Picoult (so-so. I guessed the ending.)
"Memoirs of a Geisha" (I'll keep my life, thank you! Good book, tho.)
"Broken Paradise" by Cecilia Samartin? (Fantastic.)
any other books were not worth mentioning.
Izzy went to the eye doc again today- six more weeks of patching and then we will stop. In four months we will go back and talk about surgery if her lazy eye is not fixed. It's looking promising though, I only see it drift once or twice a week now. I don't actually think I've mentioned it here, have I? I may be a little Dr-shy, but I thought surgery didn't work for a lazy eye? I'll have to google it...
Took a week off of working out because I thought I had hit a plateau, but meanwhile dropped a few lbs. Yah! Almost to pre-baby weight... It felt good to jump on my Hardly again and push my lungs and muscles a bit. Feeling sore after my strength training yesterday. That soreness is an addiction to me. I need to feel it. Every week.
That pretty much ties it all up.
5 comments:
Are you teaching any classes in your new area?
Kristy
No. I decided I didn't love it.
Okay. Well, if I'd have read further down (holy blogburst!), I'd have known that camel was at the zoo and not in the Sahara desert. I was confused. :)
Thanks for the update; glad to hear things are going a little better!
Glad to hear good news about your sweet baby's hips. :)
~ Jennifer
Great news!
Good book to read: The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Just finished it the other week from the library. Hadn't read a book that good in awhile {I don't read too much anymore}.
Post a Comment