Thursday, October 28, 2010

Struggling...

I'm having an inner struggle with the blog thing. The struggle is almost to its one year anniversary. Maybe you've noticed I've lost steam. And it's becoming more impersonal. That's part of the struggle. (I'm not looking for any kind of encouragement or pep talk here. It's just the facts.)

It's a struggle to come up with blogging topics, so I'll just give you a rundown...

*you really can have tornado warnings in October. Huh. I thought it was just a test.
*if it is a nice day, jump at the chance to meet friends at the park. You never know what kind of weather the next day holds. More importantly, you will feel refreshed.
*bring on winter. I want to see some snow!!
*i love soccer. Love. I'm not good at it tho. Fantastic exercise. And it makes you sore. Maybe only if you are over 30.
*i just told Zane that if it comes down to it, I'm going to have a hard time leaving this place.
*he said you make sacrifices anywhere you live.
*i'm going to have a hard time leaving this place. If I have to. That happened quickly.
*i feel really disconnected from my sisters. But. I hate talking on the phone and they work during the day, anyway. That's the thing. The reason to move back. Family.
*still up in the air about Thanksgiving in MN. I hate that. I'm a planner.
*i'm spending these windy days curled up on my couch with a stack of books and a cup of coffee. Sigh. Does it get any better than that? I didn't think so.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I've got a stack of books, too. Perfect for this weather. :) Glad we missed the tornado action, tho.

That's awesome that you're taking on a new sport! Your young age doesn't have anything to do with the soreness, I'm sure you're just using a lot of different muscle groups at once.

I love your blog. I hope you take breaks when you need to but that you keep writing. Because you're hilarious and real and your style feels so conversational!

Julie said...

Oops, didn't mean to pep talk you. ;) I know what you mean with losing steam though, I consider giving my blog the boot now and again. When it becomes a chore instead of something fun for you, it's harder to keep up with.

Anonymous said...

I know you do not want pep talks but I am so sad to here it may be near the end of the blogging world. I look forward to your blogs:)

Sad that you do not post what you want to or your true feelings. I can't think of any post where I would have been offended.

Love ya
Kristy

Amanda Kay said...

I think every blogger goes in spurts where you just want to quit. I can get all pumped up on blogging and post for a week straight, and then I hit a wall and have nothing, which is when I think I should be done with the whole thing. So hang in there, you always have good topics!

MindiJo said...

Julie- didn't sound pep talk-y
Kristy- I love that you always comment on my posts. You are one of my fave readers ever.
Amanda- See, that's the thing. It's not just a wall- it's almost a year of this. Straight. I think that says something.

Anonymous said...

I think I would feel the same if I had a blog too. But I like reading your blog- you should keep it. Good to hear you like soccer. It sounds like fun.
Its hard to live away from family. Hopefully someady you are a little closer. That would be fun. I'm thankful I have at least one sister nearby.

Tara said...

COME HOME FOR THANKSGIVING!!! Its been a long time.