Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Comic relief

Having kids teaches you one thing in life: expect the unexpected and prepare for every possible scenario.

Seriously.

Izzy came up to me and said, "Mom. I think Kaija played in the toilet."
Sure enough. And when I went to find her, she was sitting there eating a cracker. Dirty toilet hands and all. Eeewwwww.

*******************
Now that we got the Eeww factor out of the way, lets move on to another toilet story. Hopefully this time it'll produce a laugh instead of an "eeww". I went to wake up a child today. (I am withholding this child's name to protect his/her privacy) When I pulled back the covers, said child had not one stitch of clothing on. I scanned the room and while there were a lot of clothes strewn about, none of them were the pajamas seen on this child the night before. The clothes were found, all right. In the sister's bedroom and the toilet. Explain that one to me. While it left us confused, it made for interesting breakfast table conversation.

******************
As surprising as it is, I was shopping at the bullseye the other day. With Haley. I went wandering through the Valentine's section. While I was absorbed in looking at everything, the card section caught Haley's eye.
She laughs and starts reading a card to me. "Hey, Mom! This card is funny. It says 'I went to the teddy bear store to make you a bear for Valentine's Day. They kicked me out when I asked if they had any whips and handcuffs!' Mom, that's funny. Why would they want whips and handcuffs?"
Fantastic. At the bullseye.
Seriously. Life with kids. You really never know what's coming next. Giving you kids is God's way of providing comic relief.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Kids crack me up. Pajamas in the toilet? That's a new one!

P.S. Did you buy that card for Zane then? We all want to know.

I kid. ;)

Shannon said...

Hahaha I love the last one!! made me laugh out loud :)

MindiJo said...

Actually, Julie. I did buy him one from that same card section. Haley found it. 'Tis all I will say. After the one I mentioned, we left the Valentines behind.

Anonymous said...

Haha. I like the story about the toilet and the cracker. I did say ewe, but I also laughed. It would be interesting to know how the clothes ended up on the toilet and the other room. If you ever figure that out, let me know.

Anonymous said...

All of these crack me up. I like how Izzy tells you Kaija is/was playing in the toilet. Didn't Izzy have an episode with the toilet and a tooth brush once?

Kristy

MindiJo said...

Oh, gross, Kristy! I totally forgot about that. She did. Good memory.