Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lickety-split

Logan pre-surgery. At this point, he was given a mild sedative to help him relax before surgery. The game he was playing was becoming increasingly more difficult for him. It was actually sort of humorous. Way to stay positive, Z! (He went back while Logan was put under. My heart couldn't handle that job and someone had to go.)

Ooh. Bad picture. Suffer through it. I don't feel like taking another this second.
The rundown of the whole situation:
  • Logan is no longer in pain. Hasn't been for a couple days.
  • His trip home was comfortable and uneventful in the hip department.
  • Everyday he improves drastically and is able to help out with his own cares more.
  • The first couple days following surgery were a little rough. To be expected. We were thankful to spend as much time there as we did. It's scary- for him and us- and to have the sheer volume of experts at your disposal...
  • They even had a music therapist who sang and played guitar to fall asleep.
  • Tomorrow is the big day. The two braces come off (knee stabilizer and the blue triangle that you see) and Logan goes mobile. Up on crutches. Yay!!
  • That means a date night is in sight for his parents. YAY!!!
  • Which is huge. Now that we are dealing with this amazing outcome, I can admit out loud about how worried I was about Z and I becoming completely burnt out. Phew! Before it seemed selfish to worry about how we'd make it through.
  • Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

6 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

easy peasy, my eye!

medicine is amazing, so is the human bod. all that can happen, all that can improve...wow. wow!!

Date nights are mandatory.

Sue said...

:)

Anonymous said...

So So overly happy for you Mindaroo. I like you.

Katie said...

Awesome, so glad to hear that things went better than expected! :)

Anonymous said...

You are all amazing!!!!! SO happy that things were better than anticipated and hope that the recovery is keeping up at a rapid pace.

~Amy Isaacson

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear this great news! Thinking of you guys.

Kristy