Monday, February 7, 2011

A day at a time.

Oh.my.lanta. Note to self: always read through your post before putting it up. My previous post had said "God gives only the strongest that situation." But I had changed the line before it, so it no longer pertained to it. It made it look like I thought I was one of the strongest. FALSE. Whoops. I changed it now. FYI.

Truth is, I've had a really rough past month. Really. Many of you have supported me, listened to me, lifted me up, etc. Thanks. I needed that.

I also needed yesterday. It was the perfect day. Emotionally perfect. I was given the gift of hearing about my Grandpa, whom I never met. He died before I was born. I learned things about him that I never knew. I was given support, people listened, people were just there. Things happened that I needed to happen. Today and in the past. And I finally realized it. Things are not in my hands. They aren't even in the Surgeon's hands. They are in God's hands. It feels so good to know that to be true. I couldn't help but realize that our life has fallen into place in such a way that you know it was orchestrated by him. All the way down to being in the places I was yesterday, when I was.

When I need a little something, this is what I remember:

7 comments:

Jan said...

Some of our hardest struggles reap the biggest blessings. Someone told me once that from the stormiest clouds come the bluest skies, and I have held that thought with me for some years.
We can be so glad that it's in God's hands and not our own.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Jessica said...

Oh Mindi, If only we could all learn to leave our worries and trust God to take care of us. That is such an important thing to learn. Thinking about you and your family...I hope everything goes as best as it can for Logan!!

P.S. See, I commented..:)

Leanne said...

You figured it out without me! GREAT JOB! (Didn't know that was possible.)

Seriously, sister. You inspire me. I know you will survive. I believe in you.

PS I showed that video to the boys, and now Matty requests I sing it to him at bedtime every night. So sweet.

Julie said...

*Sigh. Beautiful song.

I'm sorry things have been tough. Hang in there, dearie.

Anonymous said...

how cute is that video! Thanks for sharing.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Cute video.
Thinking about you and your family and hoping that everything goes well. Just try and remember that things work out in the end and it is not in our hands. I remember you told me the same thing (things work out in the end) and I always try and remind myself of that.

MindiJo said...

Aimee- I actually said something worth repeating once? Amazing! :)