Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bullet-tin

*Hoo-boy! That was a small picture. I apple-gize. Sort of. I should have stood on the other side as the draping on my dress was unflattering in the pictures. It didn't drape on both sides. Whatev. The naturalizers stole the show, anyway. Thanks, Penny, for the birthday gift.


*I exploded another potato in the oven. That happened before my trip to MN. Since I couldn't clean the hot oven immediately, I left it be. Fuggodabodit. Cranked the oven on and my house now smell interesting. I'm going with it anyway, maybe it'll give my chicken some character. You're welcome. I only hand out useful information.


*Which reminds me, I've pretty much decided I want a smoker. Then I'm going to become a meat-smoking queen. Man's job or not. I'll invite you over, once I know that I won't kill you with my food.


*The hips. Logan's are looking really good. Bone is filling in where it should. And he even got the go-head to start biking again. Yesterday he was out in the rain, biking and grinning from ear to ear. Cutie pie.


*The other hips. No improvement, darn it anyway. Kaija had outgrown her brace and is now in a bigger one, so we hope this jump starts the healing process. She only has a year until she reaches the age where a brace doesn't do what it is supposed to. So we have our fingers crossed.


*In the big scheme of things, these hip issues are really just a small bump in the road.


*Hugs to those dealing with bigger issues.


*Go to my friend Lenny's garage sale. If only to see her in her fanny pack, pecking at the keys on her adding machine. It's hysterical. (I would imagine.) Plus, I know she is bored because she bugs me. All. day. long.


*I can't stop giggling. Just so you know.


*The Bizzizzle will probably need eye surgery to correct her lazy eye. I won't lie, I'm starting to feel like the hypochondriac mom that blows things out of proportions and goes for the extreme measures as soon as they are offered. At least this is a pretty minor surgery.


*I really miss my sisters a lot. It really hit me hard after this trip. I wish I lived within walking distance to them.


*I might have ADD. I definitely still have the giggles.


*But, seriously, how bored can you be to actually still read my blog from time to time? I have nothing to offer here. You are just so cute.

5 comments:

P said...

Those maryjanes are Be-oot-i-ful. I couldn't resist. And for only $200, it was really a steal. Your welcome, I always buy such nice b-day gifts for pals. I figured you needed the extra Lift.

Leanne said...

I laughed all day too.

FTR: I'm very dramatic in my delivery. Circus-performance dramatic:

LADIES AAAAND GENTLEMEN!!

Someday Penny will buy me Mary Janes (the shoe kind, not the marijuana kind). That's the wish I made when I blew out my birthday candles.

Tara said...

Did you say 'apple-gize' because I look like a green apple in the picture below? I'm hurt. Or not. Smoker - great idea. Exploding potatoes - I explode about one each time I bake them. Not sure why, because I always poke holes. I think Yukon Golds are more susceptible to exploding, and I love YG's. We miss you, too...

Anonymous said...

Those MaryJanes are abosolutely adorable! I can't believe you didnt wear them to the wedding.
Glad to hear little Logan's hips are getting better. I can just see him biking the rain grinning from ear to ear. :)
I miss my sisters too. It was so fun to get together on friday. Wish that could happen more often.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear Logan's hips are getting better. What awesome news!!

Kiana had eye surgery on her lazy eye too. All is good now. She is still in glasses but improving. I will be thinking about you.