Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Counting on my dreams

Ooh, my quality of life just improved. The kids get on the bus later than last year. Much later. That means we get to sleep in. More sleep = a happier me. This, however, may mean that I won't be getting up a half an hour earlier than the kiddos. Because they will probably wake up on their own with this new schedule. Earlier than they need to. And I'm not waking up a half an hour earlier than early. Sorry. Not happenin'. Trust me. I'm down with this new plan. (is that last sentence still cool?)

Also. I realized in the commotion of switching to a new bank that I made a $137 oversight. In my favor. Ha! Even better than finding a $20 in your pocket.

Which sort of makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing by going back to school for Tax Preparation. Oh, yes. And I'm really excited about it. If I like it, which I'm 99% sure I will, I am going to go for my Accounting degree. YAY! This is kind of a huge thing for me, but I'm really happy to do this for myself. My history has shown that when my baby gets to be this age (over a year), life gets easier and I start looking for something for myself. I've never dared to take this step in the past. Which is weird, because I've done other things- like the Fitness Instructor thing- that weren't necessarily a long term goal of mine. I guess the things that you really want just hold so much more value and therefore the chance of failing at them is a greater risk. But greater risks also mean greater rewards. So why not do what I really want to do? That being said, I'm incredibly nervous and excited in equal portions. It's kind of life changing for me, if you can understand that. I'm really allowing myself to do something that I've wanted to do since high school. Kids to raise or not. I've realized that if you don't embrace your opportunities for happiness, who will?

So here's to fulfilling life's dreams and ambitions! And getting more sleep in the process.

7 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

i love more sleep.
and, you, risk-taker you!

Tara said...

Go Cop!

Anonymous said...

Knucks!
Down with that is still pretty fly.

Anonymous said...

Btw: I like the quote 'Greater risks bring greater rewards'. Just heard it recently from someone else too.

Pete/Heidi said...

Good for you! Go embrace your opportunity for happiness! :) I'm sure you'll do great!

Katie said...

What a coincidence that I too have been seriously considering going back to school....it'd be a slow process for the next couple years with baby on the way. But this is something my hubby and I have been discussing at great lengths lately. Lots of pros and cons to going for it right now...we need to have a serious chat in regards when I come see you. I can't wait to hear your take on all the reservations I have. One of these days I'll be as much of a gung ho go-getter as you!

MindiJo said...

Heidi- Thank you! That's quite a compliment, coming from someone who is following a very ambitious dream!

My sister and E- :) You are all cute.

Katie- Oh, trust me. This has been years in the process. So I probably understand all of your reservations. We will definitely need to talk about it. And it's nice that you thing I'm a go-getter, because it's kind of laughable.