Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Relaxing and Busy

I'm still alive. I am. Thankfully.

It's just that life suddenly got more relaxing and busy, simultaneously. I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but it really does. We took a hip-based trip to MN for Logan's surgery. And it went as well as it could have. He had his pins and plates taken out, along with a lot of scar tissue. Apparently, his scar tissue was causing his limp. So, it wasn't the fact that we weren't working hard enough or doing his exercises correctly, after all. The limp should be nonexistent by six weeks post-op if all goes well. YAY! So long as the young man doesn't fall or injure himself in any way before the end of February, things are really looking up in that department.

And Kaija? Good to go. No brace, no surgery. PTL! We are so relieved to possibly have a reprieve from hip issues for the time being.

Now that an end is in sight, I can be honest: maybe I can finally relax and enjoy a trip to MN next time we go. It's not easy bringing your child home to somebody else's house after surgery. I think it adds to the stress for all the parties involved. My parents, included, since we stay with them. Although, I must admit, it's nice to have my family there in times like that. And it's good to have an excuse to go to MN on a regular basis. Even though it isn't fun to always have an appointment looming over my head when I'm there, either. And to be so hopeful for good news, only to be let down (at least a little) each time. Hopefully the next time I go there, I can concentrate solely on seeing who I want to see- with not a hippie care in the world.

I'm just thankful that while God gives us trials, he also provides us with the strength, support and tools to get through it. And with the trials come unexpected blessings. Which really makes things easier.

So, as you can see, when a little weight was lifted from our shoulders, life became a little more relaxing. And then I started working. And it got a little busier. In a good way. I think this is *exactly* what this chick needed. It's good for me to feel like something else besides a mom every day. BTW: Kudos to you working mommies out there. It's a balancing act. And I am not even working a lot! (I decided to do tax prep after all. And I LOVE it so far.)

Life is good. Hope yours is, too.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are turning for you guys with the hips. Poor Logan. I bet he can't wait to run and do those things again.

Sorry that I missed you when you were here:( I would have loved to see you!! Next time!!

Kristy

ethiopifinn said...

this gives me hot eyes.

you can stop holding your breath!

life *is* good.

Cami said...

glad your trip home went good and that you all got good news :)

I love the saying I saw somewhere: "God never promised it would be easy but He promised to give us strength to make it through"

balancing work and mommy duties is tough...have fun with it though!

Julie said...

I'm glad I got to see you. I hear ya- those appointments must be tough. Yay(!) for things going well and I sincerely hope it all just gets easier from here on out. And that your next visit will be for fun. :)