Friday, January 6, 2012

Two for two.


January is so good to us. It has brought us two fabulous additions to our family.
Happy Birthdays to my two little love bugs.
I love you to the moon and all the stars and all the faraway places. And back.
These two little ones, that I share my weekdays with, are as different as night and day.
I found a quote while scrapbooking that fits Izzy to a T: "One must have chaos within oneself to give birth to a dancing star." And she is a dancing star. She's got her own little world that revolves around her and her alone. She'll entertain herself all day long. She'll entertain anyone, especially those older than her, all day long. Because she has a very strong personality, she can be a little bossy. I see that as a perfect tool to not take any sh*t from anyone. She is most definitely a people person and loves to be the center of attention. And she says things that make me laugh all the time. And things that make her sound older than she really is. To know her is to love her.
And then there is Kaija. If boys are a noise with dirt on them, then Kaija is a noise with a scribble. This one had a rough start to life, with a belly that gave her trouble and a chaotic move within months of entering the world. It's no wonder she's a little chaotic to this day. The world and my walls are her canvas. And she's in the stage where she is learning about the world around her and testing her boundaries. If you tell her no, she will keep pushing a little further. It's fun to watch her personality emerging. I'm still learning who she is. Once they get past these "terrible twos" it's easier to see it a little clearer. The good things about this stage is that they are finally getting their words. And the way she repeats everything just melts my heart. She loves a good snuggle. If you can spare her some attention, she'll stay out of trouble. Some days, it's just worth letting the dust and laundry pile up. Everything else can wait until naptime. Which, btw, is one of the best things about her- she loves to lay down to sleep without a fuss. Oh, how she loves to love. If you are the one lucky enough to scoop her out of her crib at the end of a sleep, she will give you enough love to make it through all of her little stunts she will pull that day.

I love them both so very much. And I'm lucky to be their mommy.

*I sat my two little love bugs on my lap and read this post to them. And Izzy tells me, "Oh, thank you, momma! I love you that much, too. It's not really that far to the stars, though."

She failed to remember that I took the quote from her little mouth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awhhhh I love this! I love them to the stars and back too!! (even tho it's not that far). They are two totally different girls but totally lovable. I wish they were right down the road from me, I'd let Kaija come and scribble on my walls anytime and let Izzy come and talk my ear off.
Auntie Aims

Anonymous said...

Cute post. The first picture is too cute.

Kristy

Gram said...

I love how you so aptly describe the joys of mommie-hood. I love love a kid that can enjoy a good snuggle.

ethiopifinn said...

so sweet.

Sabrina said...

Wow...I can't believe its been two years since we were in that delivery room! She is a precious little baby and Izzy is to die for! She can always make me smile! Love yall!

MindiJo said...

All of you: thanks.

Sabrina, I know!! It's crazy. And we love you and yours!