Monday, April 23, 2012

And then I realized something.



That March photo challenge? Well, it really made me happy. 
It gave me something good to focus on.
And  reminded  me to take pictures.


It's totally obvious (to me) that I need another one.
So, I searched and searched Pinterest to find the perfect one.
It never showed up.  Instead, I compiled a list of the ideas that I liked the most.
The ones that I think will inspire and challenge me to learn to use my camera.
Are you excited? I am.

My May Photo Challenge:
1.) Bokeh (you can go with lights, if you want)
2.) Movement
3.) Strangers
4.) Street
5.) Soft
6.) Reflection
7.) My shadow
8.) Silhouette
9.) All alone
10.) What makes me smile
11.) Bold
12.) Emotion
13.) Beauty
14.) Sunflare
15.) Texture
16.) Rule of thirds
17.) Hands
18.) Water
19.) Sign
20.) Inequality
21.) Contrast
22.) Diptych or Triptych
23.) Mother Nature
24.) Simplicity
25.) Weathered
26.) After dark
27.) Shallow depth of field
28.) Strange
29.) Vintage
30.) Broken
31.) Trust

Join me, if you'd like! I just feel like these will really challenge me to play with my camera and/or make me think outside the box.  And I am posting it now so I have a few days to conquer the first one.   *insert cheesy grin* Let me know if you want to join in- I realize there's been a challenge for a couple months in a row and you might be burnt out, so no biggie if nobody joins in. (Or if you make up your own challenge) I just mainly wanted to push myself with this wonderful new toy I have.  Plus, I have to admit that I see more beauty in the world when I have my camera hanging from my neck.  It's a good thing.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see see them!

Kristy

ethiopifinn said...

okay. i'm in.

MindiJo said...

Yay, E! You rock.

Hopefully I will not disappoint, Kristy.

Gram said...

Thinking. Thinking. Your list is just deliciously thought provoking. I have SO enjoyed using my camera these past two months, but oh, my may is so busy. I do want it to remain a fun thing. So I'm (sorta) in. I'll jump in now & then when time allows. I'm weaning myself.

Yvonne said...

man! your May list looks a little tough in spots, count me in! and thanks for looking ahead.

MindiJo said...

Gram- Here and there is good! Yay!

Yvonne- Yay! I didn't think anyone would jump in.

Cami said...

I really should do one of these...hmmm, maybe if I get up the motivation I'll join in. But first I'd have to write this list on a piece of paper next to my computer so I actually remember to do it ;) so after little consideration, I guess I'll do it too...just don't hate me if I miss a day or two when I'm working my 3 nights in a row - I only sleep and work those 3 nights.

MindiJo said...

Cami- Ha! As if I'd hate you for that. Welcome to the challenge!

Tara said...

I like your pics, so glad you are doing another challenge in May! You go girly.

Julie said...

Cool! Can't wait to see your pics.

Katie said...

Since I'm blogging again, I'm in :)

Anonymous said...

Looks tough. There's some good photographers taking part in this. I'm going to try and join in, too. Guess I'll have to post on Facebook, though, to share as I don't have a blog.
~ann bimberg

Sharyn said...

I'm in, btw - just been too busy to even tell you...so we'll see how well I perform THIS month. Love seeing you learn your camera