Seriously!? What's with me? If there's a sale, I'm there. Even if there isn't a sale, I'm there. Today I bought 6 lbs of strawberries. Because Susan said Costco strawberries are the best. Never mind the fact that I already had 3 lbs at home. We have been here not even two months and I have filled the rest of the freezer that we had partially filled, another small chest freezer and the fridge freezer. Fridge? I practically have to duct tape it shut. Cupboards? Lets not start. I could feed a small army for a month and be completely fine. And I'm still not content. I mean, hello! I totally have a $4 off coupon for Meijers- so I must think of something else I still need so that I can use it. Big deal if I'll walk out with at least $50 worth of groceries. At least I'll use that $4 coupon. Which I earned, by the way, by buying 4 million boxes of cereal last time I went in. What? They were on sale. Duh.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And more cupboard space to store my groceries.
11 comments:
Seriously! It must run in the family. I almost feel deprived if there is a day that goes by where I don't run to the grocery store. Yesterday I was trying to convince myself that there had to be a reason to run there, but I couldn't come up with one. I do know I need milk, so I'll make a trip there tonight. I do really think it all boils down to chocolate, and my inability to go a day without having some in my house. Its a really bad habit I need to break, pronto.
Oh yeah, and by the way....just because you bake cookies using a recipe off of Cookinglight.com doesn't mean you can eat 6 or more of them a day TARA!!
Oh, wow. I really really do not have this problem. I get way more satisfaction from "pantry cooking:" using up what I have in the pantry than going to the grocery store.
Fun fact I never new about you.
Contact Grocery Shoppers Anon for more help.
I'd love to come cook at your house! That would be a dream come true....and probably an extra 50 pounds! ;)
You sure don't look like you are addicted to grocery shopping, judging by the mid section. Hi I am Aimee- also addicted to shopping. But not the grocery kind. Except for you wouldn think I would dress cute all the time and I don't.
Tara- Hereditary. Definitely.
Anon- You WOULD love to cook here. That's part of my problem. I like to be able to make just about anything at any given time. My most creative meals (and the best) are made when I need to use up a ton of produce before it rots. Happens a lot.
Leanne- I hate that. Thus, my problem.
Aimee- You are always cuter than most. Period. And I'm not just biased. Just wait until you are married and cooking more. You'll have this same prob. I promise.
maybe you have to lose the coupons. I have a "why I don't use coupons" post rolling around in my head...
at least strawberries are good for you!
Your kids will have good memories of all the good food when they are starving college students...
I know many like this. I am the opposite. I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING. I try to put it off. Maybe there is some type of profession you can go into so that you have more cupboard space and spend someone elses money?
Kristy
Coupons and stockpiling are two things I wish I had known about when I first started a family. Hats of to you! :)
I love going in the store and getting half, or almost half, of my groceries for free or almost free (pairing coupons with sales). You're lucky to have all of the different stores/sales to really get the most of your addiction! When I learned about all the fun coupon/sales tips, that's when I became a grocery shopping addict, too.
Nothing makes me happier than a well-stocked pantry, fridge and freezer.
~ A fellow addict
Hats "OFF". ;) I really do know how to talk.
~ Jennifer
I'll remember not to tell u what ELSE is good. LOL
Post a Comment