Thursday, May 13, 2010

Therapy

I like when people say they learned something in therapy. The human mind and emotions fascinate me. And I've always secretly wanted to go to therapy. But I never really felt a need. Until maybe now. I might make use of it. Heh. Only half kidding there. Some of my reasons for wanting to go? I like to talk. Maybe I'd discover something about myself. Some life altering truth and I'd suddenly be a better person for it. But mostly because I would like to see where I land on the "normal" spectrum. Do I have major issues? Or am I well-rounded? Hmmm.
I stuck with the therapy I know best for now. Shopping. And bought something that I have also discovered to be fantastic therapy. A punching bag. I can punch away my anger and frustration. It feels liberating. Found this one at a garage sale for $20. As I stood there and looked at it, the guy said he'd take $15. I knew I had only $11 in my pocket. Do I dare? As I contemplated it, he said even $10 would be good. Sold!! And I didn't have to say a thing.
I have a thing for animal prints. As long as they don't look completely cheesy and fake. So I snatched these up for fun. LoVe them. Another garage sale find.
Posted by Picasa
And when I stopped at B&BW to buy 1 or 2 hand soaps there was a crazy good sale 5 for $10. And Foaming Body Wash was 90% off!! $50 later. I know me a deal when I see one. (If you added that up you will know that I did buy two things that were more than $1-2.)
Last stop, I got myself some clothes. Because you know what? I'm sick of trying to lose those last ten baby pounds. It can wait- it'll still be there when I'm ready to make a go of it. If not, well. That solves that.
Combine that with good friends willing to help in any way they can and you got yourself a great outlet. Thank heavens for that.

5 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

you are going to have some clean hands when you give that punching bag a what-for. Now that is what I call therapy!

Anonymous said...

MOA arms are soon yours. Wish I lived close...you could take me along shopping. I never seem to find the deals that you do.

Kristy

Jan said...

Is there such a thing as "normal"?
I'd call shopping a distraction technique, not therapy. Though you can learn techniques in therapy.

sabrina said...

Miss you and our talks!!!! Love ya

Julie said...

Talk about a killer deal for a punching bag. Wow. And I like animal prints too, long as they're not too rowdy. Fun post. :)