Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lawless

I took full advantage of a few kidless hours and I loaded up my Hardly into my super awesome minivan and headed to the local park. To be one with nature. Go ahead, laugh. I'm a self-proclaimed indoorsy girl. Really, I needed a change of scenery for pedaling.

After I unloaded the hog, I noticed a sign that said something along the lines of: "Anyone using anything with wheels on the trails needs to wear a helmet". I laughed in the face of danger and spit gravel at the sign. Helmetless. Heck yep. I'm a total reb.
After that totally liberating ride, I squealed into Target. I now rock a totally stylin' bike helmet. Give me some knucks.




Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Sharyn said...

woot!! Rock it!
I've heard of one park giving tickets for not wearing helmets - did they get ya? Or were you way too quick?

Leanne said...

ROAR! This might be the most hilarious post ever. You're such a d.o.r.k. Be safe, Rebel Rider.

PS Here we all it "pound," not "knucks." FYI.

MindiJo said...

Sharyn- Faster than lightning, I am. THey didn't catch me.

Leanne- So do I. But my funny sis Aimee said "knucks" one day and I had to use it in this case.

Leanne said...

Shari's kids were all "knucks!" to Jack when they were here and he just stared at them, confused. :D

Julie said...

Lol! You crack me up. You are such a rebel- I'm envious. :D

ethiopifinn said...

pound.

Tara said...

Knucks, for sure. I can't wait to come and be a rebel with you - only 10 more days....

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mindi, Sabrina was asking me the other day if I followed your blog, so I searched and searched and I'm so happy to say that I now do. And NOW I'm really proud seeing you reference your "Hardly" and all! Go Ami, go Ami. Love and miss you so much!

Ami

Katie said...

Around this house it is referred to as "taters". Don't ask how, I think it's a Sheffer thing.

Katie

Anonymous said...

I did not see where this was going at first. Love it! I may have to use knucks when appropriate.

Kristy E

MindiJo said...

AMI!!!! Welcome to my blog!! So happy to have you! We shall hopefully enjoy some witty comments from you...

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's just a lot of pressure. Not sure I can step up...

Ami

Anonymous said...

KILLER helmet. Total Reb. Knucks to that. The pic is worth double knucks.

Anonymous said...

That pic DOES r*o*c*k!!!!!

can I just say you are AWEsoME!?!?!? ok I will......



YOU ARE AWEsoME!!!!!!