You asked for it, Aimos. The rundown of the new regimen:
(But, remember. It's tailored to me. For how much fat I want to lose and how much lean muscle I want to build. My total weight won't change by much.)
Strength training 3X per week. Different areas of the body each day. This is different for me, as I've always done a total body workout on strength days. Muscle confusion, people.
Cardio 4X per week. If doing it on the same day as strength, it has to be done after strength training. This is because cardio will zap your energy supply.
Nutritionally: it's all about the protein/healthy fats/complex carb ratio. Basically, for my personal goal that I chose, I need to eat a gram of protein and a carb for every pound of my current body weight. Divided by five meals. I always knew five meals was what was recommended. But, that's a lot of work, peeps! I mean, seriously, it is. The lazy part of me just went with three and then a hefty dose of snacking in the evening. Whatev. Now I have a plan. And I know what to do diet-wise. I never really bought into the whole counting calories thing. Or was too lazy. Plus, you can still eat unhealthy things that way, so it can seem sort of... wrong, maybe. So, we will see if I can pull it off. Of course, there are a lot of vegetables that are "free" and I need to eat at least 4-5 servings of them. Basically, I'm not going to be hungry or depriving myself and I'll have enough protein to help build lean muscle.
And, as with many diet plans, a cheat day. A day that I do not pay attention to the protein and carb content.
Oooh! Speaking of adding veggies, I've been making Dr. Oz's (revamped) green drink for a couple weeks now. Everyone loves it. Even the kids. I'll have to plug the info into one of the online nutritional tools and figure out the carb info, as there is a lot of fruit (complex carbs) in it. I highly recommend it, though. It's a fabulous breakfast drink with some protein in the morning!
4 comments:
Just wondering? How do you fit in time to exercise every day? I struggle, even though my kids are all in school 3 days a week. I make it to exercise class twice a week, but it would be tough to do daily. Though class is 18 miles away. That's part of my problem.
Oh, that is a problem, Jan. My class is less than four miles away.
It's tough some days. But, I don't work. So, I don't have much of an excuse. I'm not exercising every day, either. More like 4 or 5. I do cardio following my strength training. So, if I miss a day, it's no biggie. It just turns into a day off. Most days, I make a plan. And I know right when I'm going to exercise. That works best for me. Even pencil it into the calendar if I have to.
That sounds liks a good plan. I could get into a excersize rountine (not saying I am always good about sticking to it) but I stuggle with eating enough of the foods that are good for you. I agree, eating 5 meals would be hard.
Aimos
Good for you!
Post a Comment