Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The way she sees it.

You know, I should have been excited that I lost two pounds as of Sunday.  I haven't weighed myself since.  Mostly because I do not have a scale.  I broke mine.  True story.  Turns out, you can only bounce on your digital scale to reset it only so many times before it shatters.  Don't worry, I laughed and laughed and laughed.  I must have burnt hundreds of calories from that.  Anywho.  As I was saying, I should be more excited about those two pounds, but I had a bit of a reality check? setback? Not sure what you'd call it.

Setting the scene: In my huge walk in closet. (It is, it's massive.)  I just finished clothing myself in spandex from knees to shoulders.

Kaija: "Mom!  You don't wook wike a mom!"

Me, heart melting: "I don't look like a mom? Awwwww!" I almost started strutting my stuff like a model on the catwalk just then.  No lie.

Kaija: "No, Mom.  You don't wook wike a mom, you wook wike a dad!"

Me: "GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DON'T COME OUT UNTIL SUPPER!"  Kidding.  Although, I kinda wish I had said that. Kidding.  Sort of.  Hmmmph.  Kids.  They tear down everything good in your life.  Kidding.

I still kinda like her.  Maybe just not as much as before.  KIDDING.  Geez.  You fall for it e.v.e.r.y. time.

But, seriously.  I've been sticking to my reg like glue.  Maybe not super glue.  Maybe more like cheap glue.  It's really hard when you crave chocolate.  One way to solve that?  I look forward to my protein bar snack every day.  Which is partly what keeps me working out.  The thought that I can "help my muscles recover" with that chocolate substitute after the hard work. It's totally worth it. The "chocolate" doesn't even taste that bad when you don't allow yourself the real stuff.  Another bonus?  I'm perpetually sore.  With each movement, I'm reminded of the hard work I've put it.  It's fabulous.  It really is.  So fabulous that I can't wait for it to be done.


Other than that:

We have lots of fun stuff coming up.  We have three vacays booked: Disney World, Chesapeake Bay, and Outerbanks.  I wasn't kidding when I said we are going to take advantage of being out east.  *happy sigh*

And, we are almost in the market for a new vehicle.  Almost. Once we get our cashola saved up.  The green beast? Outsky.  It can't happen soon enough, IMO.

We broke down and bought a Sleep Number bed.  It's better than the hammock we were using, but I'm not completely sold yet.  Only time will tell.

Logan?  Knock on wood, but I think he is settled in.  Makes life more enjoyable.

And that, my friends, is exactly what we are doing right now.  Enjoying this life.  It's a good one. Even if I wook wike a dad.





10 comments:

Gram said...

Again, you made my day. Re: the "wook wike" story. I woke Bill from a sound nap on the couch with my giggling!

ethiopifinn said...

Put that kid for a nap. Harrumph!

You rock it, east coast momma!

Anonymous said...

see? see?! here i am reading about you losing poundage and denying chocolate...i knew it! You health goddess. Hmph. I mean, good for you, you rock!
~ann b.

Anonymous said...

see? see?! here i am reading about you losing poundage and denying chocolate...i knew it! You health goddess. Hmph. I mean, good for you, you rock!
~ann b.

Anonymous said...

Like they don't build scales that you can bounce on. That totally would burn the cals.
Can't wait til Z gets his aerostar. Can't wait. You guys will be cruisin all over the country in that thing.
Dang you, I need to take some motivation from you and get myself on a good eating regime.
Aimos

Anonymous said...

You're the prettiest dad I've ever seen!

Ami

Julie said...

What Ami said. :D

And tell me about those chocolate protein bar things. What brand or do you have a recipe? If I get my cravings for chocolate back, I'd like to have a healthier version than cookies.

Anonymous said...

I love the bars that say "just like snickers". Do people actually fall for that?

I can't wait to see photos of all your adventures.

Kristy

Elizabeth Halt said...

Maybe she meant that you look wise and strong. That's what dads look like, right?

Disney World! I want to visit. Mostly for the Harry Potter part. Except I figure that if I wait, they will invent flying suits or flying brooms and then add a real Quidditch to the park and then I will get to play Quidditch! I figure that if we can go to the moon, surely we can fly on a broom.

MindiJo said...

E- Maybe!!

Julie- I eat Luna Protein bars. The protein version. I wish I had a good homemade recipe, but these are pretty decent. For a protein bar.