i thank the bank for the money, thank God for you! Or however that song goes.
But for realz. It bothers me that I put Jenny as second best, when really she tied with Leanne. So I'm rectifying that one. Leanne did make me laugh, really laugh, on a really crappy day. (think tranny problems*) Yet, Jenny was brilliant. So both deserve it. HHC. ~if you commented on that post, my email address is mindijo1 at live dot com. Sorry apout dat.
So. I love having a blog. Really love having a blog. I'll admit, I struggle sometime with different things: how far in depth I go, how honest I am, what I want to get into, what I don't... But I have always been happy when I decide to keep on blogging. People have been brought into my life that may not have been otherwise. But mostly, the happy stuff. The pure, unadulterated joy. Like when I got the St. Urho postcards. I am pretty sure they weren't from my sisters. Fess up. I have an educated guess about who sent them... They made my day, regardless. Those things. The little things. I know I've said it before: but thank you for making my blog worthwhile, people.
*apparently my vehicle decided it no longer needs to go above 40 mph. Which is neat and lots of fun. If it is the tranny, we are thinking new vehicle. Our reasons: it needs a tuneup, spark plugs & wires, shocks/struts and it is running a little rough. The rough part may resolve itself when the other things are done, but how do you know? Anywho. We've been tossing around the idea of getting a new vehicle for a while, just not yet. I mean, c'mon- we've owned three houses since we bought this van. It has served us well. Yet. The mileage isn't super high. It just comes down to how much it will cost to fix. If it is worth it to do to keep around for one more year, we will. Otherwise, we will put the repair costs into a new vehicle. Like you wanted to know that. Now you do. Anyone want to buy a minivan for cheap? Heh.
Another thing you probably don't want to know, but will: we have decided on a crossover. A GMC Acadia or Chevy Traverse. Seats 8, but gets up to 24 mpg. Reasonably priced. We own a hot cartop carrier for luggage for trips.
You are welcome.
Although, I do admit, I look pretty darn cool driving at 40 mph with the hazards on. Or even better: in the butch mobile where I can be seen performing all sorts of amazing tricks, (like rolling down the window to open the door from the outside) while bringing out my masculine side. Seriously, I had the dudes cleaning up the side of the road in stitches today. True story. It made me wonder a little bit if I had grown two heads or if the truck is worse than I thought. Well. At least I'm not trying to find a husband or anything like that. I'm almost positive I'd be sending out the wrong vibe. But, hey! Someones gotta keep the neighborhood from being to classy. Might as well be us.
For Jan: my sisters and I did not do anything out of the ordinary for St. Urho's day. Disappointment. I had the whole hip issue to deal with- don't know their excuse. But. The St. Urho trophy is still making it's rounds. Tara handed it off to my mom. My mom finally, after 30+ years of raising kids, has an empty nest. She deserved it. Although Tara said that me getting rid of the neighborhood mailboxes almost won me the honor... What? The only thing I was getting was bills!! Who needs them anyway? Maybe I like playing bumper cars with mailboxes. Don't knock it til you try it.
Knucks to that!
~Windy Mindi
6 comments:
I love what you share on your blog! The St. Urho postings had me in stitches all day! I'm pretty sure you inherited your aunt's sense of humor! ...plus I can picture you looking super hot driving down the road. If the nice camera was still around I'd probably have to make a trip to take a picture of you.
Cheryl. Stop. The infamous camera! Good times.
Makes me chuckle. Car problems do not.
My mom loves her Acadia.
Kristy
So when are you going to visit your favorite hunk in M. town? Next St. U's day?
too sad you didn't celebrate with grapevines and such this year.
MINDIZZLE, AN UPGRADE IS BETTER THAN A COUPON IN MY BOOK. OOPs. not yelling, caps lock ;)
Jan- Gotcha. And Thanks.
E- Soon to mail...
Post a Comment