I have all of our bedrooms finally painted. Phew! Two bathrooms, laundry room, upstairs hallway, the walls in the basement staircase, possibly the kitchen and a redo of my dining room-turned-into-den are left. Note to self: don't match paint to fabric. (I have red walls that were supposed to be Persimmon but I haven't repainted because Z likes the color.) Shh! Don't tell him I am going to redo it. Eventually.
I am thankful for Color Wonder markers. Kaija followed me around yesterday as I cleaned away the Easter candy fingerprints from my walls and furniture. She scribbled on all the freshly cleaned surfaces. Marking her territory with her color wonders. She likes to recreate every mess that I clean up, to the best of her ability. For those of you who are not drowning in the parenting life, Color Wonder markers only write on special paper. They are worth their weight in gold, but fortunately cost a lot less.
I am still on the search for the perfect balance. I want something that has not yet hit it's prime, yet doesn't steal the show. Understated elegance. Not too thick and not too thin. Do you know what I'm talking about? Shoes, of course. More specifically, the perfect pump for my sister's wedding. My dress is a statement dress, so I can't have a statement shoe. I don't want the kind of overdone vibe you get from wearing pink or animal print from head to toe. Recently, I read that the best look appears effortlessly chic, whether it is or not. Makes sense. So says the frumped out woman in an oversized tee and jeans, with her hair thrown into a ponytail. I was painting. And yesterday, I was thinking about painting. Duh.
I am contemplating another 10 day cleanse. It doesn't scare me like it used to.
I am thinking of and missing Ukki. The only Grandpa that I ever knew. To know him was to love him. No two ways around that. Today marks the day of his birth. I wish that I could wish him a happy day.
So instead, I wish a happy day to all of you!
7 comments:
Naturalizer makes the best buckle shoe. You are cute in Naturalizer.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDI!!!!!!!! Congrats on turning 31 years today!
Naturalizer. The natural shoe choice. Thanks. Always go for practicality, not style.
Thanks, good friend. It's amazing I've lasted this long.
Happy birthday sista!!!! Hope its good!!
P.S. Can't wait to see your dress.
HAPPY BDAY!
Hmmm. I can't help in the shoe area. It would be easier if the shoe was your statement. Maybe I would go shoe shopping with you if we lived closer:) Hope you have a great day!
Happy birthday!
When our angelic Ethan was a baby, I frowned at the idea of Color Wonder markers. Who wants to keep darling children from expressing themselves? Heh. When our vibrant Gregory came along, I'm like, "we need those special markers! Now!" Love it.
Good luck on the shoe debate.
Missing you!
I was missing Ukki a week or so ago, too, when brother Josh was putting Sophie in a bear trap....
Post a Comment