Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Skip the showers, April brings me flowers

We made it to April!! Can I get a Woot Woot? It was the light at the end of the tunnel for me. **happy sigh** Oh, how I love you, April! Never was there a month so beautiful... IT IS going to be all sunshine and flowers around here for a while. PERIOD. Thanks for your cooperation. Now Z and I need to go and celebrate. We did it, Zaner!

So. Let's talk sunshine and flowers.
*started a fitness challenge on Fb. These friends of mine keep me moving!
*we are keeping the van around until it clunks out on us- investing no more money into it. It feels like a perfect solution.
*I've lost my writing mojo- where did it go? I feel so uninspired and my life in bullet points seems bland. That's ok. After the past year, I'll take the boring bullet points.
*I found a dress for my sisters wedding. With no prego belly to contend with, I could go with what I wanted. Can I get another woot woot? Found it at the Max Azaria outlet. This store is a real outlet. Not just a store that happens to be at the outlet malls with the exact same clothes and prices as all the other stores that share the same name. While I love this designer, normally it would be like eating caviar on a fishstick budget. Until I discovered this store last December. It's so not a "mom clothes" store. It makes me heart sing.
*I told ZZtop that from now on, if he needs an idea for a gift for me, he should just send me to that store to pick out my own. Win, win.
*Now to find the perfect shoes. Be still, my heart.
*The curtain lady will (hopefully) be showing up in my home this month. We are getting curtains in my kitchen. Yay! I'm going to get amazing curtains. You just wait and see.
*Okay, so those last few bullet points were pretty exciting to me.
*Logan's room is still only half painted. Whoops.
*At least I'm an optimist.
*I'm so ready for spring. Let's do this.
*Logan is down to only one crutch to assist him in walking. Baby steps... At PT today, the therapist had him doing many different exercises. It became so clear to me how much strength my little guy lost and how much work we have ahead of us. Yet it is all so worth it because we have waited so long for him to be pain-free. And he is not experiencing the pain he had prior to surgery. The pain he feels now is due to weakness, not Perthes Disease. *happy*happy*happy* Oh, how my hurt used to break when I watched him. We've come so far. How lucky we are. Really, really lucky.

Like I said, life is sunshine and flowers. Hope yours is too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good! life can't get much better than grape kool-aid in the mail! (My kids didn't know what it was- gasp!) Jess
Has anyone ever said that Logan looks like Tristan?

Anonymous said...

Love, LOVE hearing how good Logan (and the rest of you) are doing. Very blessed! You're such an inspiration to me!

Ami

ethiopifinn said...

lots of sunshine and flowers. YAY!

Anonymous said...

Life is good! Keep smiling!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Love this post!

Kristy