After a week of vacation, it was really hard to roll out of bed this morning. I muttered about how I wish it were summer vacation so I could sleep in. Until the kids got on the bus and I remembered about my much quieter house. I am that mom. Kaija has boogies caked on her nose. I am that mom, too. Yesterday she was out on the deck with her diapy and a t-shirt. Oh, man! I am that mom, too?! And if you witnessed us in church yesterday: Yep, I am that mom, too. But you already knew that one.
My house is a mess, yet decently clean under the stuff. (That doesn't apply to the kitchen floor.) There are almost always dishes in the sink and it doesn't bother me. I don't always keep my temper in check- that bothers me. I have laundry piled up. My bed is always made. My checkbook balanced. My kids are loud. The baby is allowed to walk around the house with food in her hand. Any kid older than the baby doesn't get that privilege. The garbages sit, overflowing, until someone gives in. There is almost always milk in the fridge, bread in the cupboard, fruit on the counter, you get the picture. But the kids homework isn't always done. I have, on more than one occasion, thrown out school papers that need to be returned. I am always happy to get the kids to bed so I can relax at the end of the day. Out of laziness, I sometimes buy the prepacked lunch stuff/snacks for my kids. And I don't even make their lunches- they do. I encourage independence. My kids bedrooms are never presentable. I usually have a thick layer of dust on all flat surfaces that don't see traffic of any type. These flat surfaces also collect a variety of items that don't belong there: a brush, comic book, rubber bands, pens, you get the picture. We like to share hugs in this house. And we try to eat our veggies.
Oh, yes, I am that mom. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Unless, of course, you are giving me a housekeeper. That, I'd consider.
12 comments:
i bet i would be comfortable at your house.. :)
i love *that* mom! and this post. thank you.
for keeping it real, mindizzle.
and for cracking me up.
You sound just like me!
Cousin Jana
Your awesome! I am sure your kids LOVE that mom too!
Whew! At least I'm not the ONLY mom like that!
Lynn
Ahhhh, I love it! Sounds like the way I grew up. I'd feel right at home :)
love it!! I hear some "Kilp" traits in this post..must be why I am guilty of being that mom too!! :) You are so creative..Unfortunetly I am not "that mom"! : ) Laura L,
It's like looking in a mirror.
Too bad more moms weren't that mom:)
Kristy
That is why we just clicked, when we first , met! :) Oh, I Luv you!!!
Yeah, but Suz- your house is always immaculate! But I'm still as comfortable in it as I am in my families houses! Guess that means you are def family to us!
If you find a housekeeper that will put up with afore mentioned characteristics, please send him/her over to my place IMMEDIATELY! (mainly 'cause it's like a two-day drive!) I wish I could be THAT mom if it means I would be on an equal playing field with you. And honestly, I'm secretly glad I'm not the only mom who loses her temper!
Post a Comment