there was an oldish woman
who lived in a shoe
she had so many children
she didn't know what to do
she gave them some broth
with a chunk of homemade bread
and watched as they tried to swallow
and their faces turned red
it was then she enlisted
her friends through her blog
to learn to make bread
that doesn't resemble a log
the tips, they rolled in
about kneading, flour and yeast
it definitely helped her
to say the least
her dough it arose
like never before
she could hardly believe it
and almost fell to the floor
then the timer, it beeped
between her squats and her lunges
within two minutes,
down her throat a roll plunges
the next time you see her
she'll be wider it's true
it's all the fault of
none other than YOU
I know you thinking I'm being facetious, but it's true. I did quit my workout halfway through, to sink my teeth into at least one roll. I don't remember the exact amount. three. heh. It was worth it. Thanks for all of your tips. Because of you, I've been baking things that rise every day that I get a chance. My kids are loving it, my jeans are not. My favorite tips? Sugar in with the yeast, kneading to build gluten, and the fact that the dough changes as it's kneaded (you need less flour than you think). Oh, and if the proofed yeast is questionable, I start over. I also learned (on my own) that it's harder to activate yeast in milk, so I use half water/half milk and dissolve it in the water first. VOILA!
So, THANK YOU!! I (knock on wood) haven't goofed once since your tips flooded my brain. You should come to visit and I'll make you something. (NOTE: I didn't say specifically what I'd make. It might just be kool-aid. Keeping my options open.)
6 comments:
yay! looks lovely!
hooray for you!! looks scrumptious and I LOVE the poem. I'm going back to read it a second time. Your talents are varied, I see. I love homemade bread, but I need to practice using some better flours..just for the health of it.
Haha! I love it! You are so fabulous, my dear. And the bread looks amazing.
I am so hungry now! I would have had the entire loaf.
Kristy
gram- Me, too. On the flour thing.
kristy- I believe it! ;)
Wow..I am throughly impressed a awesome poet and a bread maker. :) Laura
Post a Comment