Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A penny for your thoughts.

Which appliance do I need more: a Bosch mixer? Or a Vitamix blender?
I'm saving up for both of them and it occurred to me that I may be able to do either/or.
On the one hand, I've been told that a Bosch can make an unbelievable amount of bread at a time. Currently, I make it twice a week.  I need a bigger mixer.  Actually, I need a mixer, period.  Mine fizzled out for the second time and it is currently in our storage locker.
On the other hand, I need a bigger blender.  And I heard you can put crazy things in the Vitamix and it blends it up to nothing.  Like, a whole orange- peel and everything.  Hmmm.
So, your thoughts? Bosch mixer, Vitamix blender, or both?

3 comments:

Tara said...

No idea. I have neither:-(

Elizabeth Halt said...

I had a similar dilemma except I was deciding between a food processor and a blender. I have a blender; it just doesn't work very well because I tried to make a raw cheesecake (don't recommend - but it was so pretty in the picture!) and you had to grind up a pound of soaking wet raw cashews and it gave off smoke and died. I kept it because it's ok, I just can't blend ice, or frozen fruit, or such. Anyway, I was deciding whether to replace it. I got the food processor in the end because I decided it could do double-duty.

Speaking of raw cheesecake, Blech, and chocolate avocado pudding, I just wanted to say that I tried to make chocolate avocado pudding once. I don't know how people do it. I clearly do not have the magic touch because it definitely didn't taste like regular chocolate pudding and it also wasn't very good.

Julie said...

Oh no! Giving off smoke and dying is never a good sign, Elizabeth. :D

Honestly, I'd go with the blender first. Only because I have the most fresh and scrumptious smoothie/juice recipes and it's almost summer here. Bosch, you might need next winter. :)