Friday, May 21, 2010

Vacations. And the need for them.

*ZZ Top is coming home tonight.
*The lucky guy has been in Seattle for the week. My dream vacay destination.
*He's redeeming himself by bringing home $150 worth of Halibut.



*Fine. I'll get over it this one time.

*I painted to make the time pass more quickly.

*It was a rough week. A busy one.

*Baby teething. And sick.

*No eating + no sleeping = one tired & cranky baby + one tired & cranky mommy. To the nth degree.

*I am sooooooooo ready for a vacation. A real "let your hair down and relax" kind of vacation.

*Maybe then I won't be so edgy. I want *me* back. And ZZ Top, too. You know life is stressful when he gets a little cranky. He is *never* cranky. I wish I was him.

*I burnt myself out on garage saling. I'm not a die hard. Hit a few lousy ones and my career crashed and burned. For now. At least I found these (too big) shoes for Bizzizzy before I quit.

*That chica is going to get me into trouble one of these days. She renames herself quite often. Sarah. Myna. Minda. And when she is in this mode, she refuses to acknowledge me as her mom. Imagine what that's like when we are in public. "Hi! I'm Myna. What's your name? Your baby is so cute!! My mom is named Minda. I have to ask her if I can go with you..." Explain that to the police. Ha!
*Well, that wasn't completely truthful. She does call me mom when we are at the checkout counter. "Mom! I've been so good. I deserve a treat." However. I don't think the authorities would go for me saying, "Izzy, if you tell them I am your mommy, I will give you a treat!"
*We are at peace (as much as possible) with the hip issues here. Let's move on with life, shall we?
*Still need that vacay... BTW: I'm taking a small blogging break. FYI.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie said...

Laughing about the "if you tell them I'm your mommy, I'll give you a treat..." I can just picture it! :D

Hope you get that vacation soon. You more than deserve it.

Jan said...

The paint color looks luscious!

Anonymous said...

Love the color. Jealous about all the Halibut.

You deserve that vacation.

I will miss you during your blog break.

Larissa said...

Love the paint!;)

Anonymous said...

Yo, did you convince ZZ St. Johns would be totally hip this year? We are heading up there next weekend for a total of 1 week - be there or be square.