It's crazy the things you can "like". (As in FB.) Arby's. More specifically, my local Arby's. I do like it. But I haven't "like"d it yet. Even the Children's Hospital that we take our kids to. All but one of them.
What happened? Well, Kaija was put into a new brace that only one other baby has tried. She hated it. And it didn't fit properly. We took her back and had her put into the Rhino brace. She looks so stinkin' cute. Hey, it's our life. Might as well accept it. She looks cute, but hates it. We're easing her into it. She needs to wear it 23 hours a day. Which basically means it can be off for diaper changes and baths. Her hips are worse than Izzy's, but better than Haley's. We are unsure of what the future holds as far as surgery goes. It's a wait and see game. The brace holds her hips in place until the sockets are strong enough to keep her bone in place. The fact that she is so young and in a brace is a huge "like" where hip dysplasia is concerned.
As for Logster, he's going to be okay. "Like"!! His hips will never be 100%, but he'll live a normal life. Without major surgery at this point. He may never play football, but that's the lesser of the two evils, isn't it?
All in all, not bad. I'd have to "like" it overall. And, Gillette Children's Hospital, too. We've been blessed with one of the top specialists in the country and nothing can beat that. Except, maybe, not having to go there in the first place. Heh.
3 comments:
modern medicine can be pretty amazing.
Oh, good, I was wondering about Logan!
I'm glad you had a good trip and I'm glad I got to see you for a second. I love you.
I likes this news as well.
Were you in MN and I didn't get to see you:(??
Kristy E
Post a Comment