Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I survived the big breeze!

Remember those shirts? How many of you bought one? I know my mom and Emily K. each had one. And I was positively GrEeN with envy. (One year when my hometown got hit particularly bad by a tornado, they made those shirts.)

Moms of Kindergartners should have something similar. "I survived my heart hopping on the bus." It's so hard to watch, isn't it? And it's hard with every new Kindergartner you have. This is the first time that I haven't had to deal with that feeling on the first day and so I was actually able to enjoy the fact that we were getting back to a structured, scheduled, routine-filled life. Ooh, how I thrive on structure.

It's laundry duty now and when I am done, I am going to get a shirt that says, "I conquered the Laundry Mt. Range!" Because, yes, I don't just have a mountain. I have a whole range.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever. I still want one of those shirts.

Julie said...

Those were awesome shirts! Bill K. had a hat that said that- it's still hanging on the wall at the camp. I like that comparison of sending a little person off to kindergarten- so true. I linked this in my post today. :)