I had a plan. Armed with my camera, I was going to take pictures of my friends and everything I love in New Mexico. And show you on my blog. That's when my camera showed me that I wasn't in charge. Dumb camera. But: I went, I saw, I conquered. And came home completely refreshed and ready to play mommy again. Without the pictures to prove it. Sigh.
Here's what I learned:
*Roadtrip - kids + hubby = fun
*Not everybody remembers to fly their flag at half staff on September 11th. Sad.
*No matter which way I see it, Missouri is beautiful. And Oklahoma is HuMiD. Texas is big. Indiana is stinky. Michigan is just as much home as New Mexico is anymore. Equality is good.
*And Amy and Jodi are still as thoughtful as ever.
I loved my trip. I pigged out on everything with Green Chiles. Bought my family a bushel and a half of roasted green chiles to take home. (They smell amazing, fyi.) Went to my old gym and saw my peeps there. Oh, how I love them! Saw almost everyone that I wanted to see. (You don't count, Laren. You don't live there anymore.) Relaxed. And relaxed some more. With Amy, mostly. It was wonderful.
All the mommies out there need to do that for themselves. Seriously, I had reservations about this trip?! What was I smoking?!
Oh, and Happy BCM, Amy!!! Thank you for everything!! Big (((hugs)))! I heart you big!
7 comments:
You are back!
I can't wait for my roadtrip. It is a great way to see so many places.
Bummer about pictures. It would have been fun to see some.
Kristy
Welcome back, I've missed you in the cyber world. Saw you pop up occasionally on FB, but wasn't the same. Glad you had fun and saw all the people you hoped to see.
Kristy- Where are you roadtrippin?
Tara- Oh, danks! It would be better to see you face to face.
Mindi, Mindi, Mindi!
The day you left I realized I had not one pic of you all, us, everyone together!!! WHAT THE WORLD!!!!
I am so very glad you came and stayed with the kids and I! I had an amazing and RESTFUL time on your vacation also! HAHAHAHA!!!
I miss you much already....please come back soon and often!!
Thanks for the BCM wishes.....I really like this celbrating all month, 'specially if it means I have friends from far away lands come to visit!
I {heart} you BIG!!!!!
glad to see you are back!
Sounds like fun- I'm glad you got to go. I like your one line descriptions of the states! Missouri is beautiful, isn't it? And holy lots of chili's! :)
Glad to hear you had fun on your trip!! Sounds so very relaxing! We should hook up now that you are back.
Post a Comment