Saturday, September 4, 2010

Me, A la carte

Mindi...
*does not see the logic behind Costco closing at 6pm on SATURDAY.
*loves Red Robin. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Or is it Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I can't tell.
*didn't like "The Poisonwood Bible". Except for the reason behind the name. That was good.
*did, however, like "The Help".
*loves this cool fall weather. No humidity. Ahhhhh.
*is ready for school to start. And for my big break.
*doesn't feel so overwhelmed here anymore. (!!)
*is starting to feel like she actually does live here, instead of visiting.
*loves her house.
*needs to quit leaving painting projects 3/4 done.
*does not have a winter jacket. (Admit it. You wanted to know.)
*is starting a new trend: redneck chic curtains. a.k.a. bedsheets. (Extra points for prints. Extra, extra for outdated prints.) Cheap, your neighbors will enjoy them, they immediately change the value of your house and your neighbors. What more can you ask for? (We're going green)
*laughed when her daughter looked at the redneck chic curtains and asked, "Mom, when are we getting bar stools?" She must have liked the new trend. Don't blame her.
*got rear-ended by a grocery cart today. True story. She has the dent to prove it.
*thinks the aforementioned dent officially transformed her minivan into redneck chic. Now she just needs the mullet and she'll be set.
*knows she's a trendsetter.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

All this and you never update your status on fb!? :D

Are you going to join the bookclub discussion on Poisonwood Bible? Did you not like the story, or the style, or what? Julie said it best: it's an artsy oscar-winner, not a fluffy comedy. I hope you'll participate if you have any thoughts on it! (The Help is in my top five of books I read this year too...)

Good to hear from you!

Jan said...

hey, what's all this about redneck? you live in the burbs, don't ya?

ethiopifinn said...

you. are. funny.
period.

Anonymous said...

I am with you, LOVE Red Robbin. I love fall but wish I was more prepared for it.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Who is "The Help" written by.. I have heard it mentioned a lot lately. I miss Red Robin!! Laura

MindiJo said...

I can't remember, Laura. I returned the book.