Lackadaizzickle. Or so they saysizzickle.
My house. It has no personality.
It's true. I've been told from people that they expect my decorating to have more personality. In nicer words than that. But. I get it and am unoffended by it, because it's true. I thought the truth was supposed to hurt? Then again, I'm hard to offend. I have some reasons for this lack of life in my decor. Let me explain, my dears.
1.) I was on a brown kick for a while. Oooh. And I so love color- what was I thinking? Anyone want to trade couches?
2.) I invest my money in things that I plan to keep for a while. It's why I haven't yet purchased the zebra print chair I have been eyeing up for some time. I might tire of it. Oooh. Why must I think practically?
3.) I am always living temporarily. Always ready to move. I can't paint my walls magenta because it's not good for resale. Oooh. Why must this always get in my way?
4.) I always, irritatingly enough, sort of worry that people would find my taste a bit wacky. Wait, why wouldn't that be a compliment to me? It sounds like one when I say it out loud.
Seriously, coming from the gal who struggles to find a neutral colored shirt in her closet, it's all a little boring. That does it, I'm splashing my house with color, prints and patterns. Hopefully wildly unexpected choices. To h-e-dubs with all my reasons. And this matchy-matchy furniture is making me ill. Never I again will I buy matching end tables or couches. Bleh. I need eclectic decor in my life. And it all starts when this rain stops and I can coat my end tables with personality. Standby. I may need your opinion. Gracias.
7 comments:
wow! I'm curious. Can't wait to see... Jess
Maybe you would get my house then.
If it is ever finished. It is mostly just stuff I like. And I am painting my walls all the same buttery cream color because I like colorful stuff, and that will be the backdrop.
Sometimes I wished something of mine matched. oh well.
Good luck on the colors!!
I bet my (*shudder*) hunter green wing back chair beats anything of yours for dated and fugly...dont know WHAT I was thinking!(i confess, i bought the thing 4 years ago new from a furniture store) ugh..got sucked in by the cool lines and the bargain price. guess i forgot i know nothing about recovering furniture! the thing sticks out like a sore thumb in my living room...matches the boring brown couch and absolutely nothing else in my whole house
You can't say you have no color in yours house, at least your girls room has a little of your fav pink and zebra stripe scheme going on. So cute. But let me know when you wanna paint again so we can have another painting party. ;)
Painting party? Aimee...you can have one at my house. I will party and whoever can paint:) Does that work?:)
Mindi...I have wanted to upgrade or something for years. Ryan keeps telling me just to wait because we "may" sell. Drives me crazy!! By the time we sell....we are going to be in big trouble with a to do list from those who would even consider buying it.
Kristy
Yes! Bravo. I can't wait to see the changes- please do share them. :)
I would love to see the new 'attitude'! My sister Emily is redoing their whole house, wish we could!! I painted all neutral walls with the intent to get colorful decor....well, that still hasn't happened...someday!
Post a Comment