Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sam I am.

I've gotten to the point in my life where I am ready to come home after my vacation. A.k.a. OLD.


Except for this time. I could have fallen asleep to the sounds of Lake Superior's waves caressing the beach for many more nights. And waking up to that same sound? BLISS. For the first time in 8 years, we made it to St. John's services. (Our church services in the upper peninsula of Michigan. It's a pretty central location for most of our congregations spread around the midwest, so it is generally huge turnout.) And the only thing more beautiful than the waves on the beach is going to church with all of those people. When it's been that long, you tend to not remember a lot of the people. Not forget them, per se. Just not think about them for a long time. I'm just so blessed to have this church and these connections in my life. No words suffice. So I won't even try. Never again will I let 8 years pass before I go again, as long as I can help it.


Since my vacay is over, I'm getting on with my life slowly. Trying to color my world wonderful. Deciding what color will best fit my new semi-temporary curtains. We'll see how long they last before they fade away. I fashioned them, so that's the only explanation needed. I couldn't decide between green walls, yellow with white stripes or navy blue. And nobody would boss me around on the subject, so we took a family vote. And it was unanimous- navy blue won. YAY! I've always wanted a navy blue kitchen. I will proceed with caution on this, not going to paint the entire kitchen blue. And I've also decided since I do not love my kitchen table- which I actually got for free- I am going to paint that, too. So it'll be green or yeller. Not sure which. Family vote again, I think.

Sam I am, green eggs and ham. I was able to use spinach in my eggs this morning, straight from my garden. Hallelujah, I say. BTW: I told a lie in one of my previous posts. That was not parsnips, they were turnips. Like you care. Your head just hit the keyboard, didn't it? I'll try not to bore you any more. And, no, I am not trying to grow spoons. They were supposed to be markers for the different plants. But the permanent marker wore off. Irritation.

If it takes me a while to blog, it's because I'm busy with my lazy summer days. Busy sleeping in until 9 or 10. Busy reading. Busy starting fires for my kids- they think I'm super cool now. Because I can light a fire. And they can roast marshies and make s'mores. Busy checking my garden. Busy being lazy.

This is the life.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I'm with you on needing to make it up to St Johns more often - in my case it was over 15 years since I've been there, maybe more like 17? Too long. And just in general, I plan to make it to the yoop more often. It was so fun visiting everyone. I wish I had lazy summer days....someday I will.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh those lazy summer days sound awesome. Sleepin in, busy lighting fires, reading, and whatevs. Nice. I wanna come join you. I'll even eat your spinach. And we can make salads with artichokes. Yum.

Julie said...

You, my dear, are FAR from boring. :) Happy lazy summer!

Anonymous said...

Yea, you are back! I was curious where you had been. Jealous about your lazy days!! Enjoy!!

Kristy

Holly said...

Shoot... I would have voted for green or yeller... I envy the way you write~!!