Christmas was really good. Last year was a little lonely and I kicked myself for not going to MN since we are living so much closer. (It's all relative.) So I swore we would this year. Alas, it was not so. Soon we will be heading that way for an earlier-than-planned plate removal surgery (Logan), so... We spent our 6th Christmas away from family. I'll admit, I was really bummed at first. But, with so many people in our life dealing with tough circumstances, including my Aunt Christine who reads my blog and has many times sent me kind words when I was dealing with stuff, I guess I realized how lucky I really am. I've got a lot to be thankful for.
Needless to say, once all prep was done, I just kicked back and enjoyed it. Christmas Eve was quiet and was ours alone. Just how I like it. Then Christmas Day hit. Stockings, church, lunch with Zane's co-worker and his family (they have absolutely no family here), and then off to my Aunt Ginny & Uncle Roger's house. Later in the evening, Uncle Mark came from the hospital with his youngest kids. And so we got to visit with a lot of cousins that I wouldn't normally see. It wasn't what we had originally planned, but somehow it turned out perfect.
I hope yours was perfect, too.
6 comments:
Hey love, isn't that just the way? Perspective and comfort and joy can find us when we need them. Happy New Year, yo! -ethiopifinn
That girl really does have a fashion brain - she looks adorable! Sophie will be envious of the shoes. Thanks alot!
Ooohhh...I miss her and it's only been a couple of weeks. I can't wait to have her next week:) Glad you had a good Christmas Mindi!
Em
Too darn cute.
Maybe I will get to see you in your jam packed visit???
Kristy
Kristy- I hope so! It isn't that jam packed at the moment. Lets meet for lunch or supper or something. FOR SURE!!
Em- Apparently Kaija misses you. SHe keeps saying "emmy".
Tara- Bwahahahaha. Just another girly thing to buy. You don't hate it for a second.
Love it!!! She looks adorable! This chick does have a fashion bwain. Her and her cousin Soph both just love dressing up.
Aimee
Post a Comment