
I don't know how it happened, but old man winter had snuck up on us for a couple of days there. It's been beautifully mild, leaving my propane tank fuller than it was at this time last year. YAY! Yes, my happiness with winter is directly proportionate to how much money my tank sucks out of me. So far, so good. It wasn't until the snow fell that I realized that we haven't even pulled the tomato cages out of the garden, much less trimmed the plants that need trimming, etc. Or even put away the bikes and stroller for the year. I didn't notice the stroller was out until the snow blanketed it, making it look like an oddly shaped bush in our yard. Oops. Well. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT WAS GOING TO BE DECEMBER?! Next time, I'd appreciate it if someone gave me the memo. Thanks.
2 comments:
i still have 2 tomato cages encircling 2 dead green pepper plants. cringe. at least i wasn't alone right?
I hear ya. The grass needed mowing into November. (And it's still green.) Our internal winter clocks are way off!
Post a Comment