Wednesday, December 14, 2011

this, that, and the other thing.

Life's been kind of bullet-pointy these days.
*my tomato cages are down. early this year. ;)
*the plant skeletons are not. frozen ground. whowuddathunkit?
*only four Christmas cards left to get out the door.
*i didn't order enough this year.
*to order more or not to order more? that is the question. i like to have them for my kids for their memories.
*i think i just talked myself into ordering more.
*then i'll have 4+ left to go out the door. hmph.
*i made scones (thanks to my sisters for inspiration) for the first time yesterday.
*they are so good, that if you make them, you might eat six. maybe.
*i wouldn't, but you might.
*i'm ready for christmas.
*bring it on!! no, not really. i love this time of year.
*i saw valentine's day stuff out at joann fabrics today. not even a lie. i might boycott them.
*or "chew on fat bricks" if you have a strong finnglish accent. (per my old bf, julie's sister and cheryl's daughter. good memories.)
*i woke up (refreshed) one hour before my alarm today and caught my migraine before it hit. yay!
*my hair was fixed today and the kids had a good breakfast waiting for them and they still were rushing out the door. whatev. my hair looked better than normal.
*i made it to my training and managed to eek out six returns (the store kind) before picking up the two little toots. plus, a hug in a cup. courtesy of one of my besties. *muah*
*i *sigh* temporarily gave up coffee and assorted other acid-y foods to be kind to my "snummy" (per izz) while it heals from all of the things i take to kick those migraines to the curb. i realize i took exedrin today, but that's where i draw the line. i'll compensate in other places. thanks.
*my hug in a cup was a non-coffee type. in case you were wondering.
*we have a five year plan. and we're doing a good job of sticking to our guns thus far. it's not so much a "plan" as a wish list. we all know who is really in charge. and it's not z or i.
*the plan is solely based on what we think is best for the kiddos. if it was up to z and i, we'd be in alaska.
*i'm eager to check the mail every day. gosh, but y'all have some cute families.
*i knew today would be busy, so i doubled my soup yesterday. guess what we are eating again today? haha, suckahs! if i don't like it, i can splurge on something when i go out for "coffee" (h20 for me, thanks) with my gal pals. heehee. don't tell the suckahs.
*i passed my finals and my tax prep cert- yay! and started software training today. i have two quick tests to take still. it kind of seems like i'm drifting towards working... part time, of course.
*neeeeeeervooooooooooooousssssss!
*my brain is overjoyed to be finally working again.
*we'll be here for Christmas again this. year six on our own.
*it's good because we can really enjoy our kids, sad because you always want to be with your family- or most of it ;) - during Christmas.
*but we'll be seeing family soon enough, as Logan has his pins and plates removed in iceville this winter.
*i need to remember to pick up tights for Maddie and Haley for the Sunday school Christmas program. (that was strictly for my benefit, seeing as i haven't remembered thus far)
*i'm working on a good new years resolution/goal for the new year. miles or hours or what? i almost made it to boston!! woot, woot. i want something different and challenging.
*boston kept me motivated.
*and there's nothing wrong with a little motivation. Much like the ones that will be walking in the door soon with hungry snummies. Time to reheat.
TTFN!


6 comments:

Julie said...

*My goal is to order Christmas cards period next year. :)

*The Finnglish made me laugh out loud.

*My migraines are car accident related but I've had relief with them from myofascial release (at my physical therapy clinic). Those anti-inflammatories are tough on the tummy but necessary in order to function with darn migraines. Hope you feel better!

*I love King Arthur cranberry orange scones!

Anonymous said...

Scones are delish. Specially straight outta the oven. I might have to make more one of these days.
Chewonfatbricks made me giggle.
Skinny jeans make me giggle too.
Aimee

Gram said...

Hmm. My headaches start in the wee hours also. If I get up & have coffee & tylenol and sit calmly in the dark I can lessen it..and sometimes even fight it off. My system bubbles over with acidity.

Anonymous said...

The last two years I have missed xmas cards (time just goes too fast).

I hope your snummy feels better soon.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

How I love your blog! And how I miss your face (and "Hot Dog") at our lunches. Merry Christmas to you and your precious family. Mucho love too!

Ami

MindiJo said...

Ami-Thank you for that! I was just thinking about you and the other spouses today. I was imagining how fun it would be to pop in unexpectedly and surprise y'all. And give you, Pebs and all the other gals a big gigantic hug!! Hot Dog would love to be there, too, I'm sure. Merry Christmas to you!

Kristy- I know, it flies by, doesn't it? I'll be happy to get a picture of you and that hh of yours one of these years! Hope you got mine...

Gram- The Exedrin worked like magic this time!! I'm so happy.

Aimee- They ain't skinny if you can kneel down.

Julie- Interesting. Thanks for the tip. Maybe next time... And Shari is fun-nay!