Monday, November 15, 2010

Holidazzle

I might have my Christmas tree up.
What?
You don't know me!
It's not even decorated yet.
Well. I'm not hosting Thanksgiving, so why not?
Christmas is, after all,
the hap-happiest time
of the year!
Oh, how I love it.
And although Thanksgiving usually gets in my way of Christmas, it isn't this year.
Yes, I'm going to love it. For the first time in four years we will be celebrating Thanksgiving (or any holiday, for that matter) the way that it is meant to be celebrated. Big-family style. (insert grin)
It'll be grand. Too much food, hideous amounts of dishes, but lots of people- family and any extra that might not have a place to go. Annette is good like that. I can really appreciate that after our last Thanksgiving. Far too quiet. With just us. I'll admit: it was downright depressing. It was readying us for moving, I think. An obnoxious reminder that we didn't have family there. We're making up for last year, with two Thanksgiving dinners. With family from both sides. (fist pump)
I hope yours is grand!
And for crying out loud- get your tree up! What are you waiting for? Christmas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I loved Christmas as much as everyone else. I just find people are so not friendly and stressed during the season.

Enjoy your two turkey days with both families!

Kristy

Krista said...

Fist pump for early Christmas trees!

ethiopifinn said...

I LOVE early Christmas! I have been counting down the days :) We have extendo Christmas, because Ethiopian Christmas is in January.

Leanne said...

This totally cracked me UP: "And for crying out loud- get your tree up! What are you waiting for? Christmas?"

No. I'm only waiting for November 20. :D

I love Christmas too!

Anonymous said...

Double fist pump. I can just picture you jumping up and touching the top of the doorway in excitement after you found out you were coming to MN (and then you know what happens when you do that, heh heh). Then I bet you gave Zane knucks when he got home. Pretty sweet.

Julie said...

Aimee cracked me up. Apparently, good humor runs in your family. :D

The boys asked if we could put up our tree last weekend and I said, "nobody has their tree up yet!" I see I was wrong. Hehe. I think we'll do ours this weekend because I am so ready for some happy holidays!