Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thank you.


If I had the courage, bravery, integrity, honor that this soldier has in his pinky finger, I'd be a better person than I am right now. I am honored just to know somebody who fought bravely along side him in the Korengal Valley in Afghanistan. My brother-in-law Luke. These men are all amazing. We could never thank them enough. They had a camera crew with them for at least part of their deployment. They aired an exclusive on them- (I think it was Dateline, but I can't find it), an article in Vanity Fair and now a documentary. I'd love it if you would support Restrepo- you can like it on FB. :) At least check out these links... thank you.
Pictured above is Staff Sergeant Sal Giunta of the 173rd Airborne. He is the first living recipient of the prestigious Medal Of Honor since the Vietnam War. An amazing person who has made our country a better place! Thank you.
*picture from CNN*

3 comments:

Julie said...

I *will* be watching that documentary. Thanks for sharing about this, Mindi. Great reminder that our freedoms don't come without a cost. We were discussing over here last week that we'd heard someone was getting the Medal of Honor- how interesting that you know of him!

Anonymous said...

My heart BROKE for those baby boys! it has only EVER felt that way one other time......
It brought all the memories back of my brother coming home from "Derset Strom" and I now understand why he was a "different" person.

MindiJo said...

Amy- *hugs*