Yesterday, It all came up daisies. Or whatever these flowers might be. I want to rewind yesterday and enjoy it for its simple happiness.
After dropping off the kids at school, I filled up my empty tank. Quite literally. I have an 18 gallon tank. I put in 18.03 gallons. That made me happy. I'm glad to know that my vehicle and I have something in common. We can both run on fumes.
That's not even the best part of the day. My husband showed up for a brief period of time during the middle of the day. We never get that lucky because he works too far from home. And. He brought me flowers. That's not even the heart-melty part. He also brought some for Izzy. His girls at home, he says. Pitter, patter. I love getting flowers. Some women claim they don't. I have a hard time believing that. Who wouldn't want to be reminded, every time they see their flowers, that their husband loves them and thinks of them during the day?
And I'm officially done peck-peck-pecking my way through the texting world. I bought a phone with better texting capabilities. If you can't lick em, join em. Yes, Aimee, I was officially waiting to see if this texting thing would really take off or not. You never know.
When I came home from soccer, I heard this little voice in my mostly dark house say, "Mommy, I can't sweep because I'm scawed." There is nothing better than snuggling and protecting your babies after a blissfully happy, yet simple day. And going to bed knowing you can sleep in because the school kids have the day off. I really want to rewind.

10 comments:
YAY for texting, flowers, no school, husbands, scared kids.....well......snuggle time.....and PRECIOUS friends that live WAY 2 FAR AWAY! (that's you)
Hope you have an equally wonderful day, today, sweet friend! {{{[huggas}}}}
Amy S
I am with you. I love flowers too. Getting them randomly...not on the day everyone else does. Glad you had a great day and I love the photos!
Kristy
Mums and alstroemeria to be exact :) I love flowers (obviously), but randomly too!
This is wonderful! I love those flowers so much. And that baby. Thanks for sharing all this happiness!
Sounds like a great day, and kudos to Zane for being such a rockstar hubby!!
Such a happy post! I might have shed a little tear that your hubby brought home flowers for you *and* Izzy. Could have just been that darn wind again. Fun pictures of the kiddos!
Amy S- Thank you! It was a pretty good day, too.
Kristy- Random flowers ARE the best.
Krista- Mums. Shoulda known. Thanks.
Leanne- The baby is pretty cute, isn't she?
Tara- Kudos to Zane is right!
Julie- The wind. Ugh. Always. :)
Received some flowers the other day...love that, too!
Love that you both got flowers. And, love that last picture of your baby -- she sure is cute!
~ Jennifer
Sue- So fun, isn't it?
JJ- Thanks, I think so, too.
Post a Comment