Since it is November, I can proclaim loudly about how thankful I am for teachers. Not only because they give me a loooong break each weekday, but also because they are giving me something so priceless. An education for my children. It is not lost on me how important their job is. It isn't just teaching them the ABC's and math facts, it's noticing how each child absorbs them. How quickly they catch on. How fluently they read. If they comprehend what they are reading. For each student in their class. Teachers are amazing. It makes me realize how over my head it would be if I was homeschooling. I don't know about all those little milestones you need to watch for. What's normal, what's not. I am forever grateful that somebody else does.
P/T conferences are always a little emotional for me. I realize I might be strange, but I am always keeping those emotions in check. Always willing my eyes to stay unmisted. My kids are amazing and make me so proud. (I'm so thankful that they got their brains from their dad.) While the transition into this new school was rough for all, me included, this year is phenomenal. We found our sea legs. I didn't really realize until now how difficult it was for my kids to make that change. Was I in denial? or Did I see it for what it was? I had teachers from last year check up with this years teacher. That speaks volumes. Ugh. But we made it. And we're stronger for it.
The only less than happy part was the discussion that I had with Logan's teacher about his hip issues. The poor guy is really going through a rough patch at the moment. I'm not sure if his physical therapy is adding to it, rather than detracting. The pain is so intense at times that it wakes him up at night, screaming. I don't know what hurts worse, his hips or my heart. This tough little guy has yet to complain that he was handed this trial in his life. That is so amazing. Although it doesn't pay to dwell on the fact that he has to deal with it, I won't be mad when it is just a memory.
For today, my sunshine is teachers and those three students that I love so much.
8 comments:
I am MISTY!
Thank you for interrupting my pity party with a beautiful post. I needed your perspective today, Mama!
I just hate that he hurts. Sweet boy.
Hugs all around! :)
Well, thank you. I like this post better now that I read through it again.
I was smiling at first because you are right, teachers..are..amazing. Tough job.
Then I was crying about your son. How hard it would be to handle him waking up screaming and what can you do for him.
You are amazing!
Kristy
SO TRUE. I've been spending some time in Matty's classroom...those teachers are amazing. And underpaid, if you ask me!
I'm so sorry about Logan. Maybe he has Z's brains, but he has your will. I'm so proud of him. And you. Love you.
Teachers are SO talented! I go to Ethan's first conference next week and I'm a little nervous but excited. I'm glad your kids are transitioning well there.
And Logan... what a resilient, inspiring little man you have there. I hate that he suffers- it's hard to watch a child in pain. I will celebrate with you the day that it's all a memory. Prayers for him (and his parents) and hang in there, woman. You're doing a wonderful job.
Awh, that just breaks my heart about Logan. Feel bad for the little guy.
Can't wait to see the three students and the rest of the crew.
And the purple van with the rocket box.
Nothing like conferences to make a Mom proud! Glad to hear your kids are adjusting to the new school.
I'm sorry to hear that Logan is going through a rough time. It is so unfair for kids to bear that trial but life teaches those kids to handle what they are dealt at a very young age. I can relate to your heart ache as Bennett's belly is terrible right now. It is no wonder Bennett and Logan became such fast friends. They have the same resilience, the same SISU. Bennett has pain every day/every night and suffers quietly. Except when we hear him moaning in the middle of the night or when we notice him curled up in a ball somewhere. Only then will he tell us of his pain. As a parent you would do anything to take that pain away and when there is nothing you can do, your heart aches...like you said, maybe as much as their physical pain. Hang in there Mindi...I'll be waiting to celebrate with you as well.
Sue- I told Logan the story about what Spencer said about having a disease. Logan laughed hysterically. I was glad I could make him feel a little bit better.
Post a Comment