I was in Jimmy John's yesterday and I love all of the signs they have for your reading enjoyment. They had a "16 things I've learned in 50 years". It inspired me. What have I learned in the last month?
1.) When you use the gas at the dentist, it makes paying your bill easier after the appointment.
2.) However. You shouldn't text while under the influence of nitrous gas.
3.) I win when I play bumper cars with mailboxes. That'll teach them mailboxes to get in my way.*
4.) January is good for something: clearance racks.
5.) After hitting the clearance racks, I have a hard time paying even 70% of the original price on clothes.
6.) Jimmy John's is freaky fast.
7.) I am 100% addicted to coffee. I paid more for a cup of coffee than most of my clearance items.
8.) I need a tropical vacation.
9.) Never take a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night. (Okay, I'll admit- I learned this one from the sign at Jimmy John's. But it's worth repeating.)
10.) Adults wear their pajamas to Walmart. For realz. You'd hate to get dressed for the day.
11.) I can count on Izzy to lift my spirits. After playing bumper cars, she promptly asked me if I still have bruises from falling at the bowling alley. Thank you, Isabel. I love you too.
12.) I'm not feeding her supper tonight. **
13.) My van is super tough. My pride, however, is somewhere between the van and those mailboxes on the toughness scale.
14.) Sometimes you really do have to just take life one day at a time.
15.) My husband will not wear the "Kenny Chesney" jeans that most stores sell these days.
16.) I need another pair of shoes. But then again, who doesn't?
*Not bad. First time in all of my years of driving that I went off the road.
**Don't take me or life too seriously.
8 comments:
Are Kenny Chesney jeans the kind that are sort tight in the crotch?
This was brilliantly funny. Thank you; I needed that.
Jan- yes. Generally, anything that seems to fitted and really flattering on my husband. That's a Kenny Chesney pair of pants.
Leanne- Well, thank you! Just like I needed your two cents today. We're good like that.
Jan- They didn't actually look tight on him. It's all in his head. I don't go for the feminine look on him. But flattering isn't a bad thing.
about that coffee costing more than the clothes on the clearance rack...it was only a buck and Tonya sprung for it so it was free....or did you sneak to Starbucks right there in the neighborhood Target? ;)
I'm glad you came shopping, it was fun hanging out with you though the ride home from the dentist probably would have been quite entertaining, too. next time.
As always, made me laugh.
Kristy
you know #2 has me VERY curious!!!!! LOL!
Amy S.
Lol! Woman, you are hysterical.
I had nitrous gas for the first time a couple years ago. I waited an extra half hour at the dentist before leaving for home but apparently, I'm very sensitive to it and had an interesting drive. I remember thinking I wished I had my camera with because the everything was so bright and colorful.
Jimmy Johns! I love their signs. And commercials.
Ouch. Hope you and the van made it out without any (extra) bruising. ;)
Post a Comment