Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bringing up the rear

I want a caboose. And not a honky-tonk-badonkadonk/baby's-got-back type of caboose. Well, I mean, I do work out for a reason... I won't lie- I do so enjoy it when my husband comments on my caboose. Oooh-eeeee! Did I just say that out loud? Oooh. It was a bit sassy, wasn't it? But I don't take it back, because it is true. And keeps me motivated at the gym. I just hope my dad doesn't read this post, as he does read my blog from time to time.

Anywho. I want a railroad type of caboose. Ever since I was young and I read "The Boxcar Children". That was before they went and ruined it by adding a whole series. I refused to read past the first one. But I fell hopelessly in love with the thought of having my own caboose. And now as an adult, I still have that childhood dream. Where does one find a caboose? I realize that I can't get one until I decide to settle down at least semi-permanently. And you know us. Heh.

What would I do with it? Good question. Children's playhouse. Guest house. Storage shed. Sauna. The options are endless. And fun... dreamland...

I will get that caboose. Both of 'em.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Hahahahaha! Ah, that felt good. Thanks for the laugh. :D

The Boxcar Children books were awesome! And you know that old Railroad Museum in Dassel? If I'd have known about your desire for a caboose when they had theirs up for auction, I'd have told you to go bid on it. It's gone now. And I don't know of any others for sale. Boo. I did see a caboose on the back of a train going through our town a few weeks ago. It had a satellite dish on top.

MindiJo said...

Crack me up! A satellite dish? That's really funny.

I'm glad you enjoyed this post. It was fun to write.

Gram said...

I LOVE your post. Even if I am older than your dad. I also loved the laxative/sleeping pill comment...Can I share that? I think a caboose/guest house sounds grand. Can I stay in it when I come down there?

MindiJo said...

Where did my reply to your comment go?!

Gram- Thank you! And take the comment- it isn't mine! And I'll be disappointed if you don't stay in my caboose.

ethiopifinn said...

my caboose is far too loose.

Bahahaa! I loved this post so much I had to come back. You go girl.
Mindi and Zane, sittin' in a tree g-r-a-b-b-ing!!!!!

Leanne said...

The comments are about as funny and the post. LOL! Fantastic.

PS Wow. You're full of private information this week...considering myself blessed. :D

Jan said...

I was thinking about this, and I realized that I have a reverse caboose. No, I don't have an engine sitting in my yard. I have a reverse caboose I didn't get at the gym, more like lack of a gym. I comes instead of goes. Shucks.

If I see a caboose for sale, I'll know who to alert!

MindiJo said...

E-Bwahahahaha! You are fun-nay!
Leanne-It's been a funny, TMI week. Fo-sho! I'm disappointed LenPenMinship didn't comment yet.
Jan-Where does one find a caboose for sale?!

LenPenMinship said...

Prudes don't do these kinds of discussions.

One more of your private things.

Plant a cherry tree by your caboose. It'd be nice.

MindiJo said...

Or put it by the cherry tree that is already in my yard.