Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bountiful.

Initially when I saw the photo challenge for today, I dismissed it.  I didn't feel like I had anything to fit.  Turns out, I found three pictures to take for it.  

One of my favorite things to eat on a sandwich is alfalfa sprouts.  As a matter of fact, the sub I order at Jimmy John's?  I order it because of the avocado and the sprouts.  Except, then the whole alfalfa sprouts/salmonella scare came to be- and darn old JJ's hasn't brought them back yet.  Hrmph.  I might protest.  Maybe.  I guess as long as that sub still has avocado, I will get it.  Even though it's a turkey sub.  And I'm not turkey's number one fan.  As a matter of fact, we should give 'em a break in November.  I'm just saying.  Poor things are already so ugly, then they have to worry about getting eaten.  Sigh.  I just feel so bad. ;) Plus, then I could get right on to the Christmas season.
Anywho.  I love them (sprouts, not turkeys) enough that I just sprout my own nowadays.  I spied my mom doing that on a trip to MN.  And when she told me how easy it was, I was sold.  The plus side is, I know how they are handled, so hopefully we will avoid salmonella.  So, that's going to be a good bounty in two or three days.  *pumps fist* I can't wait!
 And then whaddya know?  I was on Pinterest one day and saw that you can keep the ends to your green onions (in water) and they will regrow.  Huh.  What a bounty I will (hopefully) get from that one bunch I bought.  It's looking pretty promising.
And.  A bounty of sick kids.  Enough that we have a pumpkin full of meds instead of candy as a centerpiece on our island.  True story.  Which is another reason that this chick hasn't come up with too many original photos- I have hardly left the house to snap any.  I really wanted to capture a beautiful doorway.  You can find them everywhere! And I really want to get out of the house. 

So.  There you have it.  A bounty of pictures of bounty.  *grin* 

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

i'm waaaaaay out of my league!

Anonymous said...

Alfalfa sprouts are a must on my subs. I'm curious on growing them, fill me in. Also, let me know how the onion trick works out.

Kristy