Is it itchy in here or is it just cuz we got the Chicken pox?
Yep. And she had the shot and the booster.
Just in time for the holidays.
What do you mean 'what are those'?
Duh. Some people do not have an eye for true art.
Sheesh.
My girls rock the cookie decorating.
They are snowmen!
I love making Christmas cookies and sharing them. Except these babies. If I've shared them with you, you are perty darn special. (Or tarts.) Reason: I doubled the recipe for these cookies and ended up with 36 cookies. It doesn't make very much. And they disappear in this house just as quickly as prune tarts. Funny story about those: I did share tarts with some of my favorite people in NM. Again, if you got them- I must really love you. Our friend Fern loved them so much that he actually ate a couple of them raw! I had given them a tin of frozen ones with directions to bake- he didn't see the note. It was pretty funny. He said they were still delicious, even raw! If you have had tarts, you understand. Sigh. I really miss NM. And I'm realizing that I won't have Tamales at Christmastime this year and it's not helping matters. I *love* tamales. Like I *love* tarts or these cookies:
Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies: (sorry this got all spacey. Julie once told me how to fix it, but I was also- apparently- spacey at the time)
3/4 C. Butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp b. soda
1 tsp b. powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 milk
Filling:
3tb butter, softened
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 TB milk
2-3 drops green food color
2-3 drop peppermint flavor
Add moist ingredients and beat. Add dry ingredients and mix. Shape into two rolls. Chill for several hours. Slice. Bake at 325 for 10 min. Spread filling on cookies and press together to form sandwiches. Enjoy!

5 comments:
She loves me.......she REALLY loves me! :o) I can not imagine christmas without Prune Tarts....who knew!!!!! are those WHITE CHOC peanut butter cups in the top pick.........!?!?!?! OH MY MINDI......fold yourself up and jump in that bag of Z's!!!!! I {heart} you!!!!
Mint is such a good friend to me! I am totally going to make those suckers.
A couple questions:
1. What are those white candies on the peanut blossoms?
2. Nutter butters? Brilliant!
What? I commented yesterday and Gonzo! Not there today. What happened? Ugh.
White chocolate peanut butter cups. Yum. And yes, nutter butters. Yum.
YUM. You make some good-looking cookies! So pretty. Tarts are one of my faves too- they're a special treat. Glad you shared the chocolate recipe, I'm with Leanne on liking mint. Mint+chocolate= :)
For the spaces thing- instead of being in compose mode (there are two tabs when you're composing), go into HTML mode and manually monkey and delete or add spaces. I don't know why blogger gets so cranky about spaces some days- I bet the Blogger fixer people would be on the ball if you'd share your cookies with them. ;)
YUM. Wish I could come visit and eat your goodies.
Kristy
Post a Comment